drug information provided by : IBM Micromedex
Use this medicate only equally directed by your doctor. Do not use more of it, do not use it more frequently, and do not use it for a longer time than your doctor ordered. To do so may cause aggravation of the skin .
This medicine should come with a patient information cusp. Read and follow these instructions cautiously. Ask your doctor of the church if you have any questions.
Do not apply this music to windburned or sunburned skin or on open wounds .
Do not use this medicate in or around the eyes or lips, or inside of the nose. Spread the music away from these areas when applying. If it incidentally gets on these areas, wash with urine at once .
Before applying tretinoin, wash the clamber with a meek soap or cleansing agent and warm urine by using the tips of your fingers. then gently dab dry. Do not scrub your face with a sponge or washcloth. Wait 20 to 30 minutes before applying this medicine to make sure the skin is wholly dry. Applying tretinoin to wet skin can irritate it .
To use the skim, mousse, or lotion form of this medicine :
- Apply just enough medicine to very lightly cover the affected areas, and rub in gently but well. A pea-sized amount is enough to cover the whole face.
- You may need to use a moisturizer while you are using the lotion.
To use the liquid shape of this medicine :
- Using your fingertips, gauze pad, or cotton swab, apply enough tretinoin solution to cover the affected areas. If you use a gauze pad or a cotton swab for applying the medicine, avoid getting it too wet. This will help prevent the medicine from running into areas not intended for treatment.
After applying the medicine, wash your hands to remove any music that might remain on them .
The dose of this medicate will be different for different patients. Follow your repair ‘s orders or the directions on the label. The follow information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do therefore .
The sum of medicate that you take depends on the intensity of the medicine. besides, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the distance of time you take the medicate count on the aesculapian trouble for which you are using the medicine .
For topical dosage forms (cream, gel, or liquid):
- Adults—Apply to the affected area(s) of the skin once a day, at bedtime.
- Children— Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
For topical dosage form (lotion):
- Adults and children 9 years of age and older—Apply a thin layer to the affected area(s) of the skin once a day.
- Children younger than 9 years of age— Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For topical dosage forms (cream, gel, or liquid):
For fine wrinkles, dark spots, or rough skin caused by the sun:
For topical dosage form (cream):
- Adults younger than 50 years of age—Apply to the affected area(s) of the skin once a day, at bedtime.
- Adults 50 years of age and older—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For topical dosage form (cream):
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it adenine soon as possible. however, if it is about time for your adjacent dose, skip the missed acid and go back to your regular drug schedule. Do not double doses .
Keep out of the pass of children .
Do not keep outdated medicate or medicine no longer needed .
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use .
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, aside from hotness, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Do not freeze .
The gel form is flammable and should be kept away from burn or excessive heat .
There is a problem with information submitted for this request. Review/update the data highlighted below and resubmit the form .
From Mayo Clinic to your inbox
Sign up for release, and stay up to date on research advancements, health tips and current health topics, like COVID-19, plus expertness on managing health .
ErrorEmail field is required
ErrorInclude a valid electronic mail address
To provide you with the most relevant and helpful information, and understand which information is beneficial, we may combine your electronic mail and web site custom information with other information we have about you. If you are a Mayo Clinic patient, this could include protect health information. If we combine this information with your protect health information, we will treat all of that information as protect health information and will alone use or disclose that data as set forth in our comment of privacy practices. You may opt-out of e-mail communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe radio link in the electronic mail .
Thank you for subscribing!
You ‘ll soon start receiving the latest Mayo Clinic health information you requested in your inbox .
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
Please, test again in a couple of minutes
Read more : 3 Key Steps to a Concrete Floor Refresh