- FedEx tracking offers flexible and responsive solutions for both domestic and international shipments
- Track your FedEx shipments via your phone, laptop, tablet, or desktop computer
- Your FedEx tracking number is either a 10-digit, 15-digit, 20-digit, or 22-digit unique code
- It may take 24 hours after your shipping label has been generated to have your tracking information updated
FedEx is one of the major messenger companies that connects eCommerce merchants and customers worldwide through a timely and dependable delivery service. While shipping through FedEx is typically smooth, it ’ second essential to provide tracking since there are times when packages can be delayed for a assortment of reasons, such as the COVID-19 crisis, issues with customs headroom, or issues with lost or stolen packages. This guidebook will give you an overview of FedEx shipping tracking, following FedEx packages with or without a FedEx tracking number, the different FedEx services that offer tracking, FedEx shipping statuses, and how Easyship helps with FedEx rescue.
Table of Contents
How to Track a FedEx Shipment
FedEx tracking offers flexible and reactive solutions for both domestic and external shipments. Whether you want to track your packages from your telephone, tablet, laptop, or background, there are options for every kind of cargo .
1. FedEx tracking number
The entire track process is based on the FedEx tracking number. The tracking number is a unique code where all the dispatch details are encrypted. Each package is assigned a unique issue, which is provided when you ship a box at a retail localization or after making an eCommerce purchase . FedEx assigns a 12-digit count, but there are besides 10-digit, 15-digit, 20-digit, and 22-digit numbers. by and large, FedEx tracking numbers contain no letters. hera is an exercise of a 12-digit FedEx tracking number .
123 456 789 012
normally, your tracking number is printed on your ship label. It will be mechanically sent to you via electronic mail when you complete an eCommerce leverage or will be provided when you ship a software at any FedEx localization. once you get your tracking total, you can track your FedEx packages in the pursuit ways .
2. Easyship Dashboard
If you ship with FedEx via Easyship, you can easily track your FedEx package through your Easyship dashboard. Navigate to the Manage Shipment incision, choice ‘ All, ’ or search for the FedEx tracking issue in the search bar. You will be able to handily follow the progress of your dispatch with custom branded emails and alerts. For more details on how to track shipments visit our guide here .
3. FedEx Website
You can track FedEx packages ‘ condition on the FedEx web site using your personal computer or mobile device. If your mobile device has a world wide web browser, you can follow, nickname, and manage your dispatch status by accessing the FedEx mobile web site. Using the FedEx web site, you will be able to find out when your dispatch is initiated, picked up, in transportation system, or delivered. All you need to do is go to the FedEx track page, input up to 30 parcel tracking numbers, and hit the “ Track ” clitoris to see the accurate location of your box .
4. FedEx Mobile app
FedEx offers mobile apps for following and managing your shipments on the sound. But you will first need to download and install FedEx Mobile for Android or FedEx Mobile for iPhone. Any ship label created with your account or added to FedEx Advanced trailing will automatically show up on your mobile device with FedEx Mobile apps. FedEx Custom Critical, FedEx Express, FedEx Freight, and FedEx Ground tracking are all unlike FedEx services that offer package tracking with FedEx Mobile apps .
5. FedEx Phone number
If you are away from your computer or can not access the FedEx mobile web site for some reason, you can calm track the condition of your parcel by telephone. Call 1.800.464.3339 and say “ track a box ” to track the condition of your cargo. Can you track a package without a FedEx tracking number? You can besides track a box without a FedEx tracking number. Although your packages have tracking numbers, FedEx allows you to rename them in a room that you find more practical. In addition, you can use order numbers, account numbers, or other references you assign to your shipments to track the status of your FedEx shipments. You can besides use FedEx InSight to track moderate to high-volume shipments without tracking numbers. FedEx InSight is ideal for managing your shipments across multiple locations and accounts. Using the FedEx tracking number, you can find the accurate placement of your parcel from the time you place your regulate public treasury you collect the software. bombastic shippers can use reference numbers or order numbers to track their software or freight dispatch, while government orders can be followed by entering the Transportation Control Number ( TCN ). What about FedEx tracking for international shipments? FedEx International works the same way as domestic, and you won ’ t need to use any unique track code or page. The only attempt you need to make is to find out the correct track number for your international package.
Read more : Smoked Pork Shoulder
Your tracking number is normally shown on your FedEx International Air Waybill. You merely need to enter the 12-digit track number and click ‘ Track ’ to follow the progress of your international dispatch. You can besides sign up for delivery notifications and exceptions .
Discover the Cheapest Shipping from USPS, UPS & FedEx
Find the guarantee brassy rates for any messenger in seconds with Easyship ’ s free ship pace calculator. Compare dismiss rates from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and 250+ couriers at a glance .
Which FedEx Services Offer Tracking?
FedEx is reputed global for its timely delivery and excellent software tracking services that enhance parcel visibility to different destinations worldwide. In most cases, FedEx trailing is available for all services. here is a tilt of the most normally used FedEx services that offer box chase .
- FedEx Express
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx Home Delivery
- FedEx Freight
- FedEx SmartPost
- FedEx Custom Critical
- FedEx Trade Networks
Understanding FedEx Online Tracking Statuses
FedEx on-line statuses are real-time updates on the cargo history page ‘s traverse column. here are the different FedEx statuses :
- Delivered: This appears when your package has been delivered and is ready for collection at the designated address.
- Delivery exception: A package has experienced a delivery difficulty due to unforeseen events, wrong address, customer not being available to pick up the package, or business closure.
- New: Shipment information for the package has been sent to FedEx, and the order has been picked up.
- In transit: A package is at a local FedEx facility or has left the FedEx origin facility and will be delivered on the originally scheduled delivery date and time.
- On FedEx vehicle for delivery: The package has already been dispatched to a FedEx driver and will be delivered to the recipient.
- Clearance delay: This is for international orders experiencing customs clearance delays.
Packages are scanned, and tracking information is updated in real-time at every footstep as they arrive and leave the different FedEx facilities. sometimes, it may take up to 24 hours after the shipping label has been generated to have your tracking information updated .
What Happens When FedEx Tracking isn’t Updating?
You are advised to wait for 24 hours for FedEx to update your tracking information. sometimes, there may be delays before the messenger picks up your package, or it may be picked up but however to be scanned by the driver. If your FedEx tracking information is not up to date after 24 hours, consider reaching out to FedEx customer digest to know what is happening and resolve any concerns .
What Happens if My Package Doesn’t Arrive?
FedEx is reputed for its predict to keep customers felicitous and satisfy with accurate rescue times. But sometimes, the unexpected happens, and your package may not arrive as schedule due to ineluctable circumstances. If your package has n’t arrived and you have not received any updates concerning the delay, you must take the necessity steps to report the exit to the messenger within 24 hours. here is what you should do if your software does n’t arrive .
- Wait for 24 hours after the delivery date
- Please report the issue to FedEx or Easyship so that they can perform a package search
- If your package is found, FedEx will reroute the package to you and notify the shipper once delivery is done.
- If the package you have been tracking with FedEx SmartPost, FedEx ground, or any other FedEx service goes missing, FedEx will send a letter through fax, email, or post to the shipper for a damage/loss claim.
- You will then be asked to forward documents that FedEx will use to determine the value of your shipment, including purchase order, invoice, or proof of mailing.
- If the claim falls within the carrier’s guidelines and terms of service, FedEx will pay you the loss claim, either by replacement or refunding you the purchase cost; otherwise, FedEx will contact you to let you know their stand on the same.
FedEx track has several options that enable eCommerce merchants to keep their customers updated on what is happening to their orders in transit. Customers can track their order statuses using FedEx tracking on the web site, FedEx mobile apps, FedEx phone for FedEx SmartPost trailing, FedEx grind track, or other FedEx service options .
Easyship Helps Optimize eCommerce Tracking
Do n’t forget that Easyship helps you maintain order fulfillment visibility with your customers from check to delivery. With stigmatize track, dedicated land pages, and e-mail notifications, eCommerce merchants can provide customers with the most timely and relevant tracking data. here ‘s a more in-depth look at the features and benefits Easyship offers :
- Shipping Dashboard: Manage orders and create shipments instantly in the Shipping Dashboard. Plus, keep track of all your delivery lead times in one place for your business and generate shipping labels
- Shipping Policy Generator: Our shipping policy generator helps merchants and crowdfunding campaigns generate their shipping policy by providing tracking and insurance options
- Easyship Branding Suite: Easyship provides a delivery experience consistent with your brand. Add your logo and advertising materials to your packing slips, landing pages, and tracking emails
Easyship can help supercharge your shipping have with over 250+ Shipping Services, flat-rate services, a global fulfillment network, and much more ! Sign up now for a free Easyship account to tap into cross-border shipping!
Ship for less with any courier, guaranteed
Save up to 89 % off all ship rates. Easyship offers the undertake cheapest volume-discounted rates on the marketplace from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and 250+ global couriers .
FedEx Tracking FAQ
What happens if FedEx delivers to the wrong address? sometimes, your box can be delivered to a neighbor via indirect delivery. In that case, you should find a note on your door or FedEx website notifying you of the cover to which your package was delivered. Your software can besides be misdelivered to another location due to a miswritten address on the embark label. Contact your local FedEx position, explain the situation, and provide them with your FedEx track phone number, and they will do their best to resolve the issue. Why is my FedEx package stuck in transit? Custom clearance delays or far checks in one of FedEx ‘s depots are some of the reasons that can cause your box to be stuck in theodolite. however, the software is cleared and released to continue in transit in most cases. How long does FedEx take to clear customs?
Read more : 3 Key Steps to a Concrete Floor Refresh
There is no one-size-fits-all period for FedEx customs clearance, as this depends on the character of package being shipped and how the goods have been shipped. But in most cases, it takes 1-3 days to acquit customs. Why is my FedEx shipment delayed? Delays in customs clearance, bad weather, traffic jams, incorrectly address, or try delivery to a closed business are some of the reasons that may lead to your FedEx dispatch being delayed .