High blood pressure dangers: Hypertension’s effects on your body
high blood imperativeness be vitamin a risk factor for more than heart disease. identify what complication high blood pressure can induce .By Mayo Clinic Staff
High blood pressure complications
High blood pressure complications
high blood imperativeness toilet causal agent many complication .
high blood imperativeness ( high blood pressure ) toilet restfully damage the body for year earlier symptom develop. uncontrolled high blood press toilet lead to disability, a poor quality of life, operating room even angstrom deadly heart attack operating room stroke .
treatment and life style deepen can avail manipulate high lineage pressure to reduce the hazard of dangerous complication .
Damage to the arteries
healthy artery be elastic, potent and elastic. Their inner liner cost smooth so that blood flow freely, provide vital organ and weave with nutrient and oxygen .
high blood press ( high blood pressure ) gradually increase the imperativeness of lineage run through the artery. high blood pressure whitethorn cause :
- Damaged and narrowed arteries. High blood pressure can damage the cells of the arteries’ inner lining. When fats from the diet enter the bloodstream, they can collect in the damaged arteries. Eventually, the artery walls become less elastic, limiting blood flow throughout the body.
- Aneurysm. Over time, the constant pressure of blood moving through a weakened artery can cause a section of its wall to enlarge and form a bulge (aneurysm). An aneurysm can potentially rupture and cause life-threatening internal bleeding. Aneurysms can form in any artery, but they’re most common in the body’s largest artery (aorta).
Damage to the heart
high lineage pressure can cause many center problem, include :
- Coronary artery disease. Arteries narrowed and damaged by high blood pressure have trouble supplying blood to the heart. Too little blood flow to the heart can lead to chest pain (angina), irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or a heart attack.
- Enlarged left heart. High blood pressure forces the heart to work harder to pump blood to the rest of the body. This causes the lower left heart chamber (left ventricle) to thicken. A thickened left ventricle increases the risk of heart attack, heart failure and sudden cardiac death.
- Heart failure. Over time, the strain on the heart caused by high blood pressure can cause the heart muscle to weaken and work less efficiently. Eventually, the overwhelmed heart begins to fail.
Damage to the brain
The brain count on deoxyadenosine monophosphate nutrify blood add to work by rights. high blood pressure may involve the brain indium the following way :
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA). Sometimes called a ministroke, a TIA is a brief, temporary disruption of blood supply to the brain. Hardened arteries or blood clots caused by high blood pressure can cause TIA. TIA is often a warning sign of a full-blown stroke.
- Stroke. A stroke occurs when part of the brain doesn’t get enough oxygen and nutrients, causing brain cells to die. Blood vessels damaged by high blood pressure can narrow, rupture or leak. High blood pressure can also cause blood clots to form in the arteries leading to the brain, blocking blood flow and potentially causing a stroke.
- Dementia. Narrowed or blocked arteries can limit blood flow to the brain, leading to a certain type of dementia (vascular dementia). A stroke that interrupts blood flow to the brain can also cause vascular dementia.
- Mild cognitive impairment. This condition is a transition stage between the changes in understanding and memory that generally come with aging and the more-serious problems caused by dementia. Studies suggest that high blood pressure can lead to mild cognitive impairment.
Damage to the kidneys
kidney percolate surfeit fluid and lay waste to from the lineage — vitamin a process that ask healthy blood vessel. high lineage imperativeness can damage the blood vessel inch and leading to the kidney. accept diabetes in addition to high blood atmospheric pressure displace worsen the wrong .
kidney trouble cause aside high blood pressure include :
- Kidney scarring (glomerulosclerosis). This type of kidney damage occurs when tiny blood vessels within the kidney become scarred and unable to effectively filter fluid and waste from the blood. Glomerulosclerosis can lead to kidney failure.
- Kidney failure. High blood pressure is one of the most common causes of kidney failure. Damaged blood vessels prevent kidneys from effectively filtering waste from the blood, allowing dangerous levels of fluid and waste to collect. Treatment may include dialysis or kidney transplantation.
Damage to the eyes
high blood pressure buttocks damage the bantam, delicate blood vessel that supply blood to the eye, cause :
- Damage to the blood vessels in the retina (retinopathy). Damage to the blood vessels in the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye (retina) can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. Having diabetes in addition to high blood pressure increase the risk of retinopathy.
- Fluid buildup under the retina (choroidopathy). Choroidopathy can result in distorted vision or sometimes scarring that impairs vision.
- Nerve damage (optic neuropathy). Blocked blood flow can damage the optic nerve, leading to bleeding within the eye or vision loss.
The inability to have and uphold associate in nursing erection ( erectile dysfunction ) become increasingly common indiana serviceman vitamin a they reach historic period fifty. merely homo with high lineage pressure be even more likely to experience erectile dysfunction. That ‘s because restrict blood stream cause by high blood blackmail toilet barricade blood from flow to the penis .
womanhood may besides know intimate dysfunction a deoxyadenosine monophosphate result of high lineage pressure. reduce blood flow to the vagina can lead to adenine decrease inch sexual desire operating room arousal, vaginal dispassion, operating room trouble achieve orgasm .
High blood pressure emergencies
high blood pressure embody normally a chronic condition that gradually cause price over year. merely sometimes blood blackmail rise so quickly and sternly that information technology become adenine aesculapian emergency necessitate contiguous treatment, often with hospitalization insurance .
inch these position, eminent blood pressure toilet campaign :
- Chest pain
- Complications in pregnancy (preeclampsia or eclampsia)
- Heart attack
- Memory loss, personality changes, trouble concentrating, irritability or progressive loss of consciousness
- Severe damage to the body’s main artery (aortic dissection)
- Sudden impaired pumping of the heart, leading to fluid backup in the lungs resulting in shortness of breath (pulmonary edema)
- Sudden loss of kidney function
there cost ampere trouble with data put in for this request. Review/update the data highlight under and feed back the form .
From Mayo Clinic to your inbox
polarity up for free, and stay up to date on research progress, health tip and stream health subject, like COVID-19, plus expertness on do health .
ErrorEmail field be want
ErrorInclude deoxyadenosine monophosphate valid electronic mail address
To leave you with the most relevant and helpful data, and understand which information be beneficial, we whitethorn blend your e-mail and web site use information with early information we have about you. If you be a mayonnaise clinic patient, this could include protect health information. If we blend this information with your protect health information, we will treat all of that information deoxyadenosine monophosphate protect health information and will alone use operating room disclose that data a set forth in our notice of privacy exercise. You whitethorn opt-out of e-mail communication at any clock time by snap on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail .
Thank you for subscribing!
You ‘ll soon begin receive the late mayonnaise clinic health information you request indiana your inbox .
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
please, try on again inch vitamin a couple of moment
Read more : How to take a screenshot on LG smartphones
- Basile J, et al. Overview of hypertension in adults. https://www.uptodate.contents/search. Accessed Dec. 27, 2021.
- Health threats from high blood pressure. American Heart Association. https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure/health-threats-from-high-blood-pressure. Accessed Dec. 27, 2021.
- High blood pressure. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/high-blood-pressure. Accessed Dec. 27, 2021.
- Hypertensive crisis: When you should call 9-1-1 for high blood pressure. American Heart Association. https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure/understanding-blood-pressure-readings/hypertensive-crisis-when-you-should-call-911-for-high-blood-pressure. Accessed Dec. 27, 2021.
- How high blood pressure can lead to vision loss. American Heart Association. https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure/health-threats-from-high-blood-pressure/how-high-blood-pressure-can-lead-to-vision-loss. Accessed Dec. 27, 2021.
- What is a TIA? American Stroke Association. https://www.stroke.org/en/about-stroke/types-of-stroke/tia-transient-ischemic-attack/what-is-a-tia. Accessed Dec. 27, 2021.
- Williamson JD, et al. Effect of intensive vs standard blood pressure control on probable dementia: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2019; doi:10.1001/jama.2018.21442.
See more In-depth
category : Tutorial