The share screen have in most other television conferencing platforms is pretty easy to find. however, the Google Meet screen share feature comes under a different name, which can confuse many people .
This article discusses how to share blind on Google Meet on background and mobile platforms. Read on to master this part of the Google Suite .
Table of Contents
How to Share Your Screen on Google Meet for Desktop
Sharing your desktop riddle in Google Meet is easy and only takes a few easy steps. To partake a screen on Google Meet, you first need to set up the meet.
To do this :
- Head over to the Google Meet website. You can enter the code for an existing meeting or start a New meeting there.
- When you start one, you can choose to start it instantly, or you can schedule one for later. Choose your preferred setting depending on your needs. In this case, we chose to Start an instant meeting.
The method indicating how to share a screen on Google Meet on Mac or personal computer is largely the same. To start sharing screens on Google Meet, follow these steps :
- Click on the Present now button in the bottom bar. You can find this button to the left of the three dots.
- Clicking this allows you to choose what you wish to share. You can choose from sharing Your entire screen, A tab, group of tabs, or A window. For demonstration, we have another window open which we will share.
- Click on the specific window you wish to share to select it.
- Click on the blue Share button to start the sharing process.
To stop screen door sharing, cluck on the bluing Stop sharing release or click the Present now button again .
How to Share Screen on Google Meet for Mobile
Sharing your screen in the mobile Google Meet version follows exchangeable steps. First, let ’ s talk about how you can set up the meeting. Related Reading: Google Meet five Zoom
On your mobile, you can use the dedicate Google Meet application or access Meet through Gmail .
We will be using the native Google Meet application on Android for this demonstration. You can use the like steps for the io translation .
To set up a meet :
- Open the Meet application. You can enter the code for an existing meeting or start a New meeting there.
- When you start one, you can begin it instantly, or you can schedule one for later. Choose your preferred setting depending on your needs. In this case, we chose to Start an instant meeting.
then, follow these steps to learn how to present in Google Meet for mobile :
- Click on the three dots symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- In the menu that shows up, click on Share screen.
- A dialog box will show in the center of the screen, asking you to confirm whether you want to share your screen. Click on Start sharing. On iOS, you will tap Start Broadcast instead.
- To stop presenting, simply go back to the Google Meet application and click on the Stop sharing button in the middle of the screen.
When presenting on a mobile separate, one thing to note is that everything displayed on the riddle is shared, including notifications. When presenting something significant, you could benefit by turning on your device ’ s do not disturb modality to avoid unwanted disturbance .
Related Reading: How to Record Google Meet
Google Meet Screen Present With Two or More Participants
Two individuals can present at the like time in Google Meet. If another participant is presenting, snap on the Present now picture as discussed in the article and select the part of the sieve you would like to share .
This will prompt you to choose to Present instead. When you click on that, your presentation will be the highlight of all the participants in your Google Meet session. however, this will pause the other member ’ randomness presentation .
Prevent Users From Sharing Screen
sometimes, you want to prevent others from using Google Meet to present a television with audio. To do this, first, you need to enable Host Management in your Google Meet. Hosts have the choice to disable filmdom sharing for participants in the school term .
To turn screen sharing on or off, follow these steps :
- Join a Google Meet call with host permissions.
- At the bottom right side of the screen, click on Host controls.
- A side panel will show up. There, you can toggle the Share their screen option on or off.
If the presentations use a recurring code, the settings are saved. If the set for a erstwhile moment merging is turned off, the presentation jell will automatically turn on once the seance ends .
How to Present on Google Meet if Someone Else Is Already Presenting
If you ’ rhenium asking yourself, “ Can you parcel screen on Google Meet when person else is presenting ? ” The answer is yes ! Google Meets allows you to present even if person else is already presenting. All you need to do is to click stage now and select the tab key or windowpane that you want to present .
You will get the message, “ This will let you take over from X as the independent presenter. ”
Unlike screen sharing in Zoom, Google Meets alone allows one presentation at a time. This means that you will take over from person else ’ sulfur presentation. however, they won ’ thyroxine barricade introduce, but your screen sharing will be pinned in the meet. Their shared screen will still be visible to all the participants .
Using a Secondary Window or Device to Share Screen
If you want to use a secondary device to plowshare screen door in Google Meets, then the easiest matter to do would be to join the meeting with both the primary coil device and the secondary device.
Read more : How to Build an Igloo in 10 Steps | Winter Fun
once you have joined the meeting, you must confirm that all the devices have license to share screens. then you can plowshare the screen on your secondary device and pin it
if you want to use a secondary window. then if you go to the salute now option, you will see an option to select the window. This option will let you choose the window you want to partake in Google Meets .
however, there is besides an option called companion mode that lets you partake screen door in Google Meet on two devices but with audio in only one of the devices. The audio is mechanically turned off for one device in companion mode to avoid the grate noise of feedback that happens when you have to device audios on in one place .
here ’ s how :
- Go to Google Meet and enter the meeting code or link for the meeting or click the link directly to the meeting. If you’re already signed in on Google Chrome then you won’t need to sign in to join the meeting.
- Under the join now button, you will see an option that says Use Companion mode.
You can nowadays use Google Meet present on any of the devices, although one of them will be automatically muted. You can besides use it to on Google Meet to present video with sound recording .
If you are creating the converge, you can go to company mood directly using the radio link g.co/companion
There are a few important things to note when using companion mode :
- Messages from before you used companion mode can not be seen once you are in companion mode.
- Companion mode can’t be accessed in the Google Meet app, and it’s only available on the web version of Google Meet. This means that you can’t use it on an Android device.
How to Share Screen in Google Meet for the First Time on Mac
Presenting on Mac for the first time is a spot different because you will need to allow chrome to screen share. If you click present now on your Mac, this is the pop-up book message you will receive .
here ’ s what you need to do for your first Google Meet presentation on macintosh :
- Click on system preferences in the message. It will bring up the prompt below:
- Next you need to click Open System Preferences. This will take you to the system settings window in the security and privacy pop up menu.
- Click the padlock icon at the bottom left to make the changes. It will ask for your user name and password in order to change the preferences.
once you have keyed in your credentials, pawl Unlock, then choose Chrome in the menu. The follow prompt will appear telling you to restart Chrome in order to save the changes .
Click Quit and reopen. Your chrome window should reopen after a few seconds but if it doesn ’ triiodothyronine then equitable restart it yourself .
now you can parcel screen in Google Meets .
Google Meet Share Screen Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Share Screen and See Participants on Google Meet?
To share the screen, first, join a Google Meet shout. There, snap on Present now, which will prompt you to choose what you wish to present. You can choose from Your entire screen, A tab, or A window. The screen door will start to be shared. Simply snap on the Present now icon again or click on Stop sharing to stop the presentation .
Can I See Participants While Sharing Screen?
The participants ’ empanel is enabled by nonpayment on Google Meet, which allows you to see all of the participants in the video call. however, if you can ’ t see it, click on More in the meeting command part of the windowpane and click on Show Video Panel .
Why Can’t I Share My Screen in Google Meet?
If your Google Meet tab key sharing is not working there could be a number of reasons why. use outdated versions of the Google Meet platform is the most common reason for not being able to share the screen. To fix this, update your browser or the Google Meet lotion. Try using a different browser adaptation or create a modern meet .
Does Google Meet Allow Screen Recording?
Yes, Google Meet does allow screen recording but only on the background adaptation. You can ’ t use screen recording on the mobile app .
How Do I Share Multiple Screens?
There can merely be a maximal of 10 coincident presentations in a meet simultaneously in Google Meet .
Wrapping Up the Google Meet Present Now Feature
In this article, we showed you how to share screen on Google Meet. Google Meet is a handy video conferencing tool that has made our work-from-home lives a lot easier, specially with its features like sharing the shield or recording a address. You can share your screen no count if you ’ re using a fluid device or a desktop, and there can be 10 coincident presentations at once in a Google Meet call.
now that you know how to screen share on Google Meet, you may be interest in how to use filmdom sharing on facetime .
Check out these relate articles :