What to Know
- Open Mail app > in lower-right corner, tap Compose icon > in To field, enter recipient email.
- Next, type subject and message > Send.
- CC and BCC: Create new email > in To field, enter recipient > select CC/BCC, From > add recipients.
This article explains how to send a new electronic mail message using the Mail app on an iPhone running io 6 through io 14 .
How to Send a New Email on iPhone
To send a new electronic mail message from the pre-installed Mail app, follow these steps :
- Tap the Mail app to open it .
In the lower-right corner of the screen, tap the Compose icon. It ‘s a square with a pencil in it. This opens a newfangled, space electronic mail .
Enter the electronic mail address of the person you ‘re writing to in the To sphere in one of three ways :
- Begin typing the recipient’s name or address. If the person is in your address book, options appear. Tap the name and address you want to use.
- Tap the + icon at the end of the To field. In your Contacts list, tap the person.
- For recipients who are not in your Contacts list, type the full email address.
- Tap the Subject trace and type a subject for the electronic mail .
- Tap the body of the e-mail and write the message .
- When you ‘re cook to send the message, wiretap Send .
electronic mail providers that are n’t preconfigured on the iPhone can be added to the Mail app manually. however, you must provide information from the provider, including the hostname and incoming and outgoing mail settings.
How to Use CC and BCC in the iPhone Mail App
precisely like with desktop and web-based e-mail programs, you can CC or BCC people on emails sent from your iPhone. To use either of these options, create a new electronic mail following the steps from the final incision. After filling in the To tune, tap the Cc/Bcc, From line to expand it to three fields .
Add a recipient role to the CC or BCC fields in the same way that you add the original recipient in the To line .
If you have more than one electronic mail address configured on your telephone, you can choose which one to send e-mail from. Tap the From line to display a tilt of your e-mail accounts. Tap the one you want to send the e-mail from .
How to Use Siri to Send Email on iPhone
In addition to writing an electronic mail with the onscreen keyboard, you can use Siri to dictate an electronic mail .
Read more : Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Activate Siri by holding down your iPhone ‘s Home push button or Side button ( depending on your model ). Say “ Send a modern e-mail ” ( or a like phrase ) or “ Send a new e-mail to [ person ‘s name ]. ” Siri will ask for the subject occupation and then the torso text of the electronic mail. Just speak what you want to say and, when it ‘s done, send the message. Pretty easily !
If you ‘ve already got a new e-mail afford, and prefer to dictate the message rather of type it, you can do that, besides. With the fresh e-mail ready, tap into the body and then tap the microphone picture at the bottom right. Speak your electronic mail and delay for the iPhone to transcribe it. You may need to edit the text, depending on the accuracy.
How to Send Attachments in iPhone mail
You can send attachments—documents, photos, videos, etc.—from the iPhone, merely like from a desktop e-mail program. On iPhones running io 6 or higher, you can send an e-mail with a photograph or video fastening mighty from the Mail app. here ‘s what to do :
- Open a new e-mail and type the message .
Tap and hold the message area of the electronic mail .
- When the blow up glass or blue sky cursor ( depending on your adaptation of the io ) appears, let go .
- In the pop fly menu, tap the properly arrow to reveal extra choices .
- Tap Insert Photo or Video to open the Photos app . ( Later versions of io include options like Add attachment and Insert drawing, which make in the like way. )
- Find and select the photograph or video you want to attach .
- Tap Choose to attach the photograph or video to the electronic mail message .
- With the attachment added to the electronic mail, tap Send .
Using Third-Party Email Provider Apps
If you are n’t concern in using the Mail app, download apps developed by your choose e-mail provider and use those rather. popular e-mail provider apps in the App Store include :
Read more : How Long To Cook 1 Lb Meatloaf
If you ‘re running io 14 or higher, you can even set third-party e-mail apps as your default option electronic mail broadcast .