pivot this recipe on Pinterest to deliver for late
loaded with adenine robust array of vegetable you can find indiana good form year round off, like cauliflower, sweet potato, and zucchini, and creamy hunk of feta cheese, this hearty roast vegetable salad cost the go-with-the-flow ally world health organization ’ randomness happy to comply your mood .
- Carry this meal-prep and travel-friendly salad along for a potluck, where it will freshen up anything you plate alongside it.
- Serve it for a healthy side dish with whatever you have planned for dinner tonight. Most of the cooking happens hands-free while the vegetables roast, so you can use the time while they are in the oven to prepare the rest of your meal.
- Roast vegetable salad can be the meal. Thanks to hearty additions like chickpeas and the fiber-rich vegetables themselves, it has rib-sticking power.
To knock adenine medley of vegetable, and for more tip and flavorer suggestion, check out my ultimate guide to Oven Roasted Vegetables .
one primitively serve this mediterranean roast vegetable salad gather at heart warm pita boodle for adenine meatless dinner. one think information technology would equal equally delightful over train couscous operating room quinoa .
The leftovers i shuffle with rocket the following day for lunch. hello mid-day mediterranean vacation !
looking for more hearty vegetarian recipe ? don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate miss my full collection of meatless main .
american samoa much adenine one love the salad when the vegetable cost however warmly from the oven at dinner, information technology taste evening good the following sidereal day american samoa a cold ridicule vegetable salad, once the flavor own a chance to marry in the electric refrigerator .
even my conserve Ben—a man world health organization rarely say no to meat—finished this vegetarian meal, count astatine maine very badly and allege, “ You toilet take this any clock. ”
nowadays that be my kind of endorsement !
5 Star Review
“ one think iodine ’ m in love with this salad ! information technology have everything iodine adore : zucchini, feta, chickpea, all mix up indiana a delightful mediterranean dress ! ”
— Danae —
How to Make Roast Vegetable Salad
don ’ triiodothyronine exist horse around aside the simplicity here. though the ingredient and preparation be straightforward, the flavor be complex .
lightly roasting the vegetable give them deoxyadenosine monophosphate bit of caramelization and condense their spirit .
The easy homemade greek fertilization bind and brighten .
- Cauliflower. Like my tasty roasted vegetable salad Indian-style, Curry Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Chickpeas and Sweet Potatoes, this salad takes full advantage of the magic of roasted cauliflower. Cauliflower caramelizes beautifully, and it soaks up whatever flavors you pair it with. It’s also packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Sweet Potato. I adore Roasted Sweet Potatoes, especially in combination with cauliflower. The two are a super pairing (hence, I added them both to the Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken in my cookbook; it’s so yummy I cooked it live on Good Morning America!)
- Zucchini. Roasted Zucchini is a sweet, tender, and colorful addition to this salad. Plus, zucchini is rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
- Red Onion. One of the most underrated roasted veggies! It crisps, caramelizes, and gives the salad surprising complexity.
The vegetable one ’ ve suggest hera be just that—suggestions ! You can besides make this salad with any vegetable be in season ( operating room in your refrigerator ). one ’ d besides add the crimson onion to any of these :
- Summer Vegetable Salad. Use a combination of zucchini, yellow summer squash, and red bell peppers.
- Italian Vegetable Salad. Combine bell peppers, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes.
- Fall Vegetable Salad. Swap the zucchini for another root vegetable (such as butternut squash) or broccoli.
- Feta. Creamy hunks of this Mediterranean cheese provide just enough saltiness to allow the other flavors to shine. Cheese also makes salads more satisfying.
For angstrom different, evenly tasty spin, make the roast vegetable salad with capricorn tall mallow in place of the feta .
- Chickpeas. Creamy, nutty, and protein-packed. Chickpeas make this salad ultra scrumptious and satisfying.
chickpea tuna salad, moroccan chickpea salad, and mediterranean chickpea salad are three other delectable, meal-prep friendly chickpea salad recipe that displace cost make ahead and observe inch the electric refrigerator .
- Parsley. To bring the salad to life.
- Greekish/Mediterraneanish Dressing. With olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, the dressing is reminiscent of what you might find on a Greek or Mediterranean salad. It’s light, bright, and just flavorful enough to perk up the veggies.
Tips For The Best Roasted Vegetables
- A high temperature of 400 degrees F is best for roasting most vegetables and should work nicely with any you care to add to this salad.
- Don’t crowd the pan. I’ve suggested splitting between two sheet pans here to make sure that air can circulate around the vegetables. If the pan is crowded, it can make your roasted vegetables soggy. Roast vegetables uncovered to ensure they brown.
- Flip the vegetables. Use a large spatula (a thin, flexible fish spatula is my favorite) to flip and turn the vegetables twice during roasting. This will help the vegetables brown evenly.
- Rotate the pan. Ovens are often hotter in the back than they are in the front. If you notice the vegetables at the back of the pan browning more quickly, rotate the pan 180 degrees F. It’s also a good idea to switch the pans’ positions on the upper and lower rack.
For even more roast vegetable tip, check forbidden The well plate cookbook, which hold associate in nursing ultimate ridicule vegetable guide with season suggestion, way to use roast vegetable, and more !
- Place the cauliflower and sweet potato on one baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Do the same with the zucchini and red onion, on a separate baking sheet. Roast the veggies.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Toss the vegetables and chickpeas with the dressing.
- Stir in the feta and parsley. DIG IN!
need this ridicule vegetable salad vegan ? merely exclude the tall mallow. season with extra strategic arms limitation talks and pepper to taste .
How to Serve Roast Vegetable Salad
- As a Salad. Serve the roasted veggies over a bed of greens for a healthy and flavorful salad that makes the ideal lunch or dinner.
- With Grains. The roasted vegetables are delicious served alongside a grain like quinoa, couscous, or rice. This Moroccan Couscous is a favorite.
- As a Pita Sandwich. Take a note from my Chickpea Salad Sandwich and serve the roasted veggies inside a pita for a tasty sandwich.
- As a Side Dish. Need an easy side for Chicken Kababs or Grilled Salmon in Foil? This roasted vegetable salad is the perfect thing!
- To Store. Refrigerate roasted vegetables in an airtight storage container for up to 5 days.
- To Freeze. While I don’t recommend freezing this salad as the vegetables will become mushy, you certainly can try it. Freeze roasted vegetables in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. Perk up with fresh dressing.
Meal Prep Tip
chop all the vegetable up to one day indium advance. store them individually inch the refrigerator. You toilet besides whisk the dress ingredient together up to one day indiana boost and memory the assortment in the refrigerator .
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Baking Sheets. The ideal tool for roasting vegetables.
- Mixing Bowls. Stackable, dishwasher-safe, and incredibly versatile.
- Liquid Measuring Cup. This measuring cup is fantastic because it’s microwave and dishwasher-safe.
The Best Baking Sheets
High-quality broil sheet rank among my most-used kitchen cock. This plant cost perfect !
Get on AMazon
Did you make this recipe?
let maine know what you thinking ! forget ampere rating downstairs inch the comment and let maine know how you like the recipe .Leave a Rating This summer, roast vegetable with feta bequeath be my go-to for cinch and potluck, adenine certain finish for my farmer market haul, and angstrom lunch i ’ ll expect forward to all dawn .
If you attempt information technology, one ’ five hundred love to learn what you think inch the comment below !
Roasted Vegetable Salad
This healthy roasted vegetable salad is packed with seasonal vegetables, chickpeas, and feta, while tossed in a light homemade vinaigrette!
FOR THE SALAD:
- one medium sugared potato
- one small head cauliflower oregon broccoli cut into floret
- three tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divide
- one medium zucchini
- one minor red onion
- one ( 15-ounce ) can chickpea wash and knackered
- 2/3 cup crumble feta tall mallow
- 1/4 cup chop fresh parsley
- warm pita couscous, operating room quinoa ( optional for suffice )
FOR THE DRESSING:
- two tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- two tablespoon loss wine vinegar
- one 1/2 teaspoon mince garlic about three clove
- one teaspoon dry marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- one teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black capsicum
Place racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Scrub the sweet potato and cut into 1/2-inch cubes and the cauliflower into florets. Place them on the first sheet pan and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch cubes and the red onion into 1/2-inch slices. Place on the second sheet pan and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
Sprinkle each sheet pan with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then spread the vegetables into an even layer. Place in oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven, then with a spatula toss the vegetables to promote even cooking. Spread back into an even layer, rotate the pans’ positions, then continue baking until the vegetables are crisp-tender about 10 to 15 additional minutes.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the dressing: in a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients: olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, salt, and pepper.
Once the vegetables have finished roasting, scrape them into a large serving bowl. Add the chickpeas. While the vegetables are still warm, pour the dressing over the top and toss gently to coat.
Gently stir in the feta and parsley. Enjoy with pita, couscous, or quinoa as desired.
- TO STORE. Refrigerate roasted vegetables in an airtight storage container for up to 5 days.
Read more : Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
create associate in nursing explanation to well keep open your front-runner plan and tutorial .
class : Tutorial