In this article, we ‘ll help you troubleshoot why your Roku outback has stopped working, and hopefully get your Roku outback working again .
1. Check Your Roku Remote Batteries
Let ‘s start with the most simple explanation : are you indisputable that your device ‘s batteries have n’t run out ? A lento corrupting performance is a sure-fire index that the power issue could be the problem.
Some Roku remote controls require two AA batteries ; others require two AAAs. Check the dagger on the remote control to check. The batteries are accessible from behind the sliding empanel on the rear of the device .
2. How to Pair a Roku Remote
Another common cause for a Roku distant not working is that the dominance has become odd from the box it is supposed to operate .
organization updates, low power, changing Wi-Fi networks, using the device with another Roku box, or a simple technical bug could all theoretically trigger an unexpected unpairing .
thankfully, it is slowly to pair a Roku distant with a Roku box or streaming adhere. fair follow the instructions below :
- Disconnect your Roku box from its power supply.
- Wait 10 seconds, reconnect the box, and wait for the Home page to load.
- Locate the pairing button on your remote. It is typically found on the front of the device or in the battery compartment.
- Hold the button down for five seconds or until you see the Roku remote blinking.
Remember, some older Roku models come with an IR arrow rather of using your Wi-Fi association. If you have an IR Roku remote that ‘s not exploit, check that no dirt is blocking the recipient on either the control or the box/TV. besides, ensure that there are no obstructions in the distant ‘s line-of-sight to the Roku box .
3. Reset Your Roku Remote
You can reset Roku remotes by performing a specific sequence during the box or stay ‘s boot process .
To reset a Roku distant, follow the steps below :
- Remove the batteries from your Roku remote.
- Remove the power supply from the Roku box/stick (or go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart if you have an IR Roku remote that’s still working).
- Wait 10 seconds and then reconnect your Roku box to the power.
- Wait for the Home screen to load.
- Reinsert the batteries into your Roku remote.
If the Roku television receiver outside hush does n’t work, move onto our adjacent tiptoe .
4. Check for HDMI Interference
In its official literature, Roku accepts that the remotes for some of its models are affected by intervention from nearby HDMI cables. The issue is specially prevailing on Roku streaming sticks which connect immediately to the HDMI port on your television receiver .
The solution is to use an HDMI cable extender, thus allowing your streaming stick to be positioned foster away from the television receiver ‘s HDMI interface .
You can use any HDMI extender you have lying around your home plate. however, if you do n’t already own one, Roku will ship you a short extender for loose. To claim your release cable, you equitable need to fill out the appropriate form on the Roku web site .
Read more : Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
5. Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
If you ‘ve worked through all the Roku outback troubleshooting tips but you ‘ve still not had any achiever, your Wi-Fi joining could be the perpetrator .
The Roku distant does not require an internet connection in decree to connect to your box, but it does need a function local anesthetic network. If your local network is down for any reason, the distant will not function until the connection is restored .
If you have enough technical cognition, it might be worth digging into the router ‘s settings ; something might have happened that ‘s causing the outside ‘s connection to get blocked .
6. Use the Official Roku Remote App
Although using your smartphone as a Roku distant is n’t ideal, there is an official Roku distant app that you can download and use for spare on both Android and io. It ‘s a dependable irregular stop-gap .
Before you open the app for the first fourth dimension, ensure that it is on the like Wi-Fi network as your Roku stream device .
vitamin a soon as the app loads, you will see the Discovery screen. Allow the march a few seconds to complete, and you should see your Roku box listed. Tap on the name to make the connection .
In addition to being used as a Roku television receiver distant, the Roku app has enough of other cool features that are deserving using .
This includes access to loose television shows and movies on your device via The Roku Channel, the ability to use your device ‘s earphone association for secret heed, support for keyboard ( and, on some models, voice input ), and a direction to cast subject from your device to the television receiver shield .
Download: Roku for Android | io ( Free )
7. Troubleshooting the Roku App
If your call app can not see your Roku box, there are a couple of possible causes :
- Network Access: Make sure your Roku box has not disabled its network access. Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Control By Mobile Apps > Network Access to check. You need to ensure either the Default or Permissive option is selected.
- VPN: Remember, the Roku remote app will not work if either your phone or your Roku box are connected to a VPN.
sadly, if your Roku outback is still not working after checking all of these things, you may need to take the dive and buy a new Roku remote control .
8. Replace the Remote for Your Roku
none of the different remotes monetary value more than a few bucks to replace on Amazon .
fair make sure you check that your Roku box or streaming stick is supported by the remote control you ‘re about to purchase before you buy.
Read more : How to take a screenshot on LG smartphones
Your Roku Remote Is Powerful
We hope the tips we ‘ve discussed in this piece have managed to get your Roku outback working again. Remember, your Roku outback can control lots of devices—including your soundbar—so you do n’t need to keep scrambling for different remotes .