Hard Reset Lenovo Laptop to factory settings without password
When your Lenovo laptop was attacked by virus unfortunately, broken down or get to blue/black screen, you can do nothing with it, unless reinstall the organization or hard reset your personal computer to factory settings. however, if you besides forgot the administrator password, how to reset your Lenovo laptop to factory settings without password ? hera this article will show you how to use the OneKey Recovery or Setup phonograph record to restore/reset your Lenovo laptop .
Applies to Lenovo ThinkPad, IdeaPad, YOGA, and other models of Lenovo laptop.
Use OneKey Recovery to restore your Lenovo laptop
Go and have a expect at your Lenovo ThinkPad/IdeaPad/YOGA laptop to see if there is a Recovery key on it. It is frequently on the right/left slope of your laptop or the top of your keyboard that adjacent to the Power button. If you have found the Recovery Key, go on to the steps below to restore your Lenovo laptop .
1. Power off your Lenovo laptop. If you ca n’t turn off it normally, you can take out of the battery, and then connect it again .
2. Connect the office reference to your Lenovo laptop, bid on the NOVO key ( Recovery key ) for 5 seconds .
3. When the Novo Button Menu pops up, compress down ( ↓ ) arrow key to select “ System Recovery ” option, and then press “ Enter ” to get into the recovery environment .
4. On the OneKey Recovery manner, select “ regenerate from initial backup ”, and then click on Next .
5. Click on “ Start ”, and click on “ Yes ” when the prompt message pups up, to begin the restitution process .
6. wait for the system recovery action to complete, and then follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Lenovo laptop Windows settings .
If there is no Onekey Recovery on your Lenovo laptop, or you have clean installed the system on your laptop and cleared the organization drive, and the Recovery charge is removed or destroyed, this method acting would not work for you .
Use setup/repair disk to reset your Lenovo laptop to factory settings
On Windows 10/8.1/8, there is an easy manner to reset your personal computer to factory settings by pressing on the “ Shift ” key and chink on the “ Restart ” push button. But on this way, you will need to select your exploiter account and enter the password to get the reset privileges. If you forgot your Lenovo laptop password, this way wo n’t work for you. however, you can get aid with the setup/repair harrow, to bypass the password prerequisite .
The setup/repair disk not lone helps to reinstall/repair your system, but besides can help you to get into the Windows Recovery environments. The steps below will show you how to use the setup/repair disk to reset your Lenovo laptop to factory settings without password.
1. Connect the setup/repair disk with your Lenovo laptop .
2. Set your Lenovo laptop to kick from the setup/repair disk .
If your Lenovo laptop ca n’t boot from the removable device automatically, you may need to press the F2 ( or F1 ) key to get into UEFI ( BIOS ) settings to change the kick orderliness to set your laptop to boot from the USB/CD device .
3. If boot well from the setup magnetic disk, you will see the installation screen door come up, click on Next.
4. Click on the “ Repair your calculator ” radio link on the forget bottom of screen .
5. Click on “ Troubleshoot ” on the Choose an option screen .
6. Click on “ Reset this personal computer ” on the Troubleshoot screen .
7. There will be two options to choose : “ Keep my files ” and “ Remove everything ” .
Select the “ Remove everything ” option to remove all of your personal files on the system drive, or it will not help to remove the forget password from your user account. Of lawsuit, if you do n’t need to remove your exploiter history and password, select “ Keep my files ” to keep your personal files .
8. Select your Windows system .
9. Select the drive that you will refresh, “ only the drive where Windows is install ”, or “ All drives ” .
10. There besides are two options to choose on the watch footfall : “ equitable remove my files ” or “ wax clean the drive ”. Select the allow option according to your motivation .
11. At last, click on “ Reset ” button, this will begin the reset procedure .
Read more : How to Lower Your Electric Bill – NerdWallet
Before the reset process, make certain your authoritative data are backed up, once they are erased, they ca n’t be recovered from your personal computer anymore .
Make certain your Lenovo laptop is plugged into might during the process of restoration, once the convalescence action is started, ca n’t be paused or stopped .
Category : Tutorial