See also : Which is the best iPhone for you ?
transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS app. Download it on your Android earphone, launch the app, and pursue instructions to get the call quick. During your iPhone set-up, choice Move data from Android. You ‘ll get a code, which you can use to link both devices. Pick what you want to migrate, enter the code, and let the app do its thing .
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
- Move to iOS app
- Google sync
- VCF file
- SIM card
- Third-party apps
Editor’s note: We ’ ve put in concert these instructions using a Google Pixel 4a with 5G running Android 13, and an iPhone 12 Mini running io 15.6. Remember, some of these steps might differ depending on your call and software translation .
Table of Contents
Move to iOS app
Joe Hindy / Android Authority Did you know Apple has Android apps in the Google Play Store ? Move to iOS is one of the few Apple apps on Google ’ s shopfront. travel to io is meant to help Android users ; well, move to iOS. Despite the poor reviews, the lotion does what it ’ s advertised to do, and it does it well. Apple loves making experiences dim-witted and easy, which is precisely what this data transfer application accomplishes. Your mileage and experience may vary, but you can easily migrate contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, electronic mail accounts, and calendars straight to any io device when it works .
How to use Move to iOS to transfer your contacts to Android:
- Download and install the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
- Open the app and follow instructions.
- During your iOS setup, you should select the option to Move data from Android. Your iPhone will give you a code, which you’ll need to enter on the Android Move to iOS app.
- Your iPhone will create a temporary Wi-Fi network. Connect to it from your Android device.
- Pick what you want to migrate.
- Select Next.
- Enter the security code and let the process run.
- Your content will be transferred, and your iPhone will even download the free apps you had on your Android device, given that they are available.
Use Google sync
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority While Apple is not traditionally affectionate of supporting Android devices, Google is the arrant diametric. Most of the search giant ’ mho services and features work very well on iPhones, and grabbing contacts from their servers is a breeze. Keep in heed this lone works if you already sync your contacts to your Google bill. Some devices don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate do that by nonpayment. Don ’ thyroxine worry ; it ’ s slowly to turn on Google Sync .
Related: How to set up Google Backup and Sync
How to turn on Google sync for contacts on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Passwords & accounts.
- Tap on your Google account.
- Select Account sync.
- Make sure Contacts is toggled on.
- Let your contacts sync.
Transferring contacts will be a cinch if you have been associating all your contacts with Google ’ sulfur servers .
How to transfer Android contacts to iOS using Google sync:
- Turn on your iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Go to Contacts.
- Select Accounts.
- Pick your Gmail account (or add it)
- Make sure the Contacts checker is on.
- Your contacts should now be on your phone!
Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone manually using a VCF file
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
Don ’ t like dealing with all that darn cloud thrust ? We can understand. There are besides ways to manually transfer your contacts from Android devices to iOS ones. You can make a VCF file, transfer it over to the iPhone and then open it to grab all your contact data. The march is more aboveboard than it seems ; let ’ s walk you through it .
How to transfer Android contacts to iOS manually:
- Unlock your Android device and head to the Contacts app.
- Hit the three-dot menu button on the top-right corner.
- Tap on Select all.
- Tape on the Share button.
- You can now select how to share the file with your iPhone. I like sending it to myself via email, so hit Gmail and send yourself the file.
- On your iPhone, open the email or extract the file from wherever you stored it.
- Tap on the attached file and select the Share button.
- Select the Contacts app.
- Hit Add All Contacts.
- Follow the steps and be on your way. Your contacts have been transferred!
Use your SIM card
Another way to transfer your contacts from Android to iOS is to use your smartphone ’ sulfur SIM card. This is handy if you ’ re either having fuss with your Google account, are offline, or don ’ triiodothyronine want Google ’ s participation for whatever reason. The only trouble is that Google is moving away from this method, and there is no longer an official way to do it from the Contacts app. With that said, some manufacturers hush allow it. not to mention you can download third-party apps. Something like Copy to SIM Card can be helpful .
How to transfer contacts from your SIM card to iOS:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Go into Contacts.
- Select Import SIM Contacts.
- Pick the account you want to sync the contacts to.
Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone with a third-party app
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority If you are having trouble oneself with all early available solutions, several third-party apps can facilitate the march of switching to an iPhone. One of my favorites is Copy My Data ( Android/iOS ). Give it a look !
You can transfer individual contacts by using the VCF charge method acting .
While the Move to IOS app is meant to be the easiest method for transferring contacts from Android to iOS, we would argue using Google Sync is easier. Chances are you ’ re already syncing your contacts to Google, so all you might need to do is sign into your Google report on your iPhone .
The utmost total of contacts you can sync to Google is 25,000 .
The utmost come of contacts you can sync to iCloud is 50,000 .
As you can see, there are enough of ways to get this taken care of. Keeping your contacts shouldn ’ thyroxine be challenge, so we are glad having multiple platforms isn ’ triiodothyronine stopping us besides much. The action international relations and security network ’ t precisely straightforward, but you can do any of these without besides much attempt or inquiry. If you ever want to come back to Android, we have a lead to switching from an iPhone to an Android call besides ! besides, check out our guides for the best android phones and budget devices when you ’ re ready to return to the hazardous side.
Read more : How to Build an Igloo in 10 Steps | Winter Fun