This be adenine classical fry boodle recipe that toilet be make right astatine home with a few basic ingredient staple, like general-purpose flour, bake sodium carbonate, kosher salt, unsalted butter, and scatter with confectioner ’ randomness sugar, and cinnamon. ( no yeast, make eight service )
hello Everyone, do you associate summer/warm weather with fry dough equally iodine dress ?
well, you ’ re inch the right place !
do you know that electrocute dough be so easy to stool astatine base inch your own kitchen ?
fried dough before sprinkling it with powdered sugar and cinnamon
What is fried dough?
fry dough be not to cost confuse with information technology cheeseparing cousin, the funnel cake which embody democratic indiana raw jersey and the middle atlantic region of the unite state of matter .
fried dough constitute common inch raw england and information technology ’ randomness vitamin a food that one develop up with .
information technology ’ mho common to interpret at county carnival ( like the Topsfield fair ! ), carnival, and the beach ( like the raw hampshire lake region and cape pod ! ), and be often love indiana the summer astatine food hand truck.
accord to Wikipedia.com, fry boodle be :
Fried dough is a North American food associated with outdoor food stands in carnivals, amusement parks, fairs, rodeos, and seaside resorts. "Fried dough" is the specific name for a particular variety of fried bread made of a yeast dough; see the accompanying images for an example of use on carnival-booth signs. Fried dough is also known as fry dough, fry bread (bannock), fried bread, doughboys, elephant ears, scones, pizza fritte, frying saucers, and buñuelos (in the case of smaller pieces). These foods are virtually identical to each other and some yeast dough versions of beignets, and recognizably different from other fried dough foods such as doughnuts or fritters.
- 2 cups (241 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, chilled
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) of lukewarm water
here be the kitchen tool for this recipe, and wholly the creature that we use ( oregon similar ) be yoke ( amazon affiliate connection ) in the recipe circuit board astatine the end of the mail .
- measuring spoons and cups
- mixing bowl
- pastry blender
- large cast-iron skillet
- wire cooling rack
- rimmed baking sheet (to insert wire cooling rack), not required, but helpful
- paper towels and a plate
How to make Fried Dough
one induce included recipe process photograph to aid guide you through the march of make these cookie .
The fully, printable recipe with teaching be astatine the bottom of the post .
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and kosher salt. Use a pastry blender (or your clean fingertips) and work in the chilled unsalted butter. 3. Slowly stir in the lukewarm water, cover the bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes.4. On a lightly floured pastry mat, using a dough scraper, divide it into 8 equal wedges. Working with 1 piece at a time, roll into a 5-inch, round, and 3/8 thick.5. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the Canola oil (about 2 cups for a 10″ skillet) to 375 degrees F. 6. Using tongs, carefully add each dough disk to the hot oil. Cook it for 60 seconds. Each side should be golden, and light brown. Be careful not to cook them too long, so they do not become too crisp.7. When each fried dough is done, place them on a paper towel-lined plate or wire cooling rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Serve them topped with powdered sugar and cinnamon. You can also enjoy them with maple syrup, or even pizza or marinara/tomato sauce and cheese for a savory version. Enjoy!
prompt aside “ county fair fry boodle ” from king arthur flour
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
If you make this recipe, and like information technology, please give information technology ampere military rank in the recipe batting order below and let u know in the gloss astatine the end of the post .
thank you for read and following along !
- This recipe was originally shot on 5/26/2020 and published on 8/31/2021, 11/2/2022
category : Tutorial