We ‘re cooking up a mexican style picadillo recipe in the Chili Pepper Madness kitchen today, my friends. Prepare yourself for amazing spirit .
If you ‘ve never tried picadillo ahead, this is a recipe you ‘ll want to add to your recipe collection. Mexican Picadillo is quick and easy to make, it ‘s big on season, and you can very customize it with many other potential ingredients.
Reading: Mexican Picadillo Recipe
Picadillo is a dish you ‘ll find in many different countries around the world, peculiarly in Latin America, where you ‘ll find Puerto Rican picadillo, Cuban picadillo, and many others .
This is a mexican style picadillo, and I hope you love it .
Table of Contents
What is Mexican Picadillo?
Mexican picadillo is a flavorful of dish of meat and potatoes with tomatoes, peppers, and seasonings. There are many variations throughout Mexican, with different regions including unlike ingredients, and each of them vary wildly .
Some regional versions include like carrots, olives, almonds and raisins, which is like to Cuban dash. Ground meat is used in most recipes, though chicken or seafood are interesting variations .
Guajillo or ancho peppers are another version, which add a deep, earthy spirit that I love. I sometimes include them .
Some regions include sweet elements, like beloved, which change the texture, and make it flavorful in a completely different manner. Picadillo is one of those recipes that changes based on your localization and on the cook, so find free to adapt it to your own predilection .
It is much served with rice or tortilla, though it is popular farce into ridicule peppers or stuffed into pastries .
This version is a childlike one, focusing on the kernel and potatoes view, vitamin a well as the seasonings, though you can include early ingredients as desired. Consider this a basis picadillo recipe .
Let’s discuss how to make Mexican Picadillo, shall we?
Mexican Picadillo Ingredients
- Olive Oil. For cooking.
- Potatoes. I’m using yellow potatoes.
- Peppers. I’m using jalapeno peppers here, but toss in a serrano pepper for extra heat. Use bell peppers for a milder version.
- Ground Beef. You can use other ground meats, like chicken, turkey, or pork.
- Tomatoes. I like to use fresh tomatoes, but tomato sauce is great, too.
- Stock. I’m using beef stock, but chicken stock or vegetable stock are great, too.
- Seasonings. Paprika, Mexican oregano, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- For Serving. Cooked rice or warmed tortillas, sliced peppers for garnish, chili flakes, fresh chopped herbs, lime juice, hot sauce.
How to Make Mexican Picadillo – the Recipe Method
Potatoes, Onion and Peppers. Heat the oil in a big pan to medium heat. Add the onion, potatoes, and peppers and cook for 5 minutes to soften .
Garlic and Ground Beef. Add the garlic and total ground beef. Break up the ground beef with a wooden smooch and embrown it up for 5 minutes. The kernel does n’t need to be cooked all the means through .
Add Tomatoes, Stock and Seasonings. Stir in the tomatoes, store, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and reduce the heating system to simmer .
Simmer the Picadillo. Continue cook at a simmer for 20 minutes to cook through and let the potatoes soften up. Check it at 15 minutes for doneness .
Serve the Picadillo. Serve over cooked white rice or with warm corn tortillas with extra peppers, piquant chili flakes and lime juice ! Don ’ t forget your favored hot sauce .
Boom! Done! Looks fantastic, does n’t it ? I love a commodity picadillo. so easily to make, right ? I love that .
Recipe Notes & Tips
- The Seasonings. I’ve used a simple blend of seasonings, but other popular additions include bay leaves or parsley. Try this Homemade Taco Seasoning Blend Recipe that I love.
- Other Ingredients. This recipe is customizable and can include many other ingredients. Some traditional Mexican picadillo recipes include parsley, blanched almonds, olives, potatoes and carrots, raisins, bay leaf and others.
- Freezer Friendly. This meal is freezer friendly. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and freeze it for up to 3 months. I often make a larger batch of picadillo just so I can freeze it. It thaws easily and makes for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
here is a photograph of my magnetic declination with ancho peppers added in. I love it !
That’s it! I hope you LOVE this equally much as I do ! SO. well ! Let me know if you make it. Send pics ! I want to hear ! ! — Mike H .
Try Some of My Other Popular Mexican Recipes
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photograph # ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I constantly love to see all of your piquant inspirations .
Mexican Picadillo Recipe
This easy Mexican picadillo recipe is made ground beef, potatoes and plenty of seasonings, great over rice or served with tortillas for a full meal. Big on flavor!
Tap or hover to scale
- 1 tablespoon olive petroleum
- 8 ounces yellow potatoes about 3-4 small, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion chop
- 1 jalapeno pepper chop
- 1 serrano pepper chopped ( optional, for spicier )
- 2 cloves garlic chop
- 1 sudanese pound reason beef ( you can use other ground meats, like chicken, turkey or pork )
- 2 boastfully tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup beef stock ( or use chicken or vegetable stock )
Read more : How to Lower Your Electric Bill – NerdWallet
- 1 tablespoon mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR serve : cook rice or warmed tortillas, sliced peppers, chili flakes, fresh calcium oxide juice, hot sauce
Heat the oil in a large pan to medium heat. Add the potatoes, onion and peppers and cook them down for 5 minutes to soften.
Stir in the garlic and ground beef. Break up the ground beef with a wooden spoon and brown it up for 5 minutes. The meat doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through.
Stir in the tomatoes, stock, and seasonings and reduce the heat to simmer.
Simmer for 20 minutes to cook through and let the potatoes soften up.
Serve over cooked rice or with tortillas with extra peppers, spicy chili flakes and lime juice! Don’t forget your favorite hot sauce.
Heat gene : culture medium, though it is PACKED with flavor. You can easily add more heat with hot peppers or chili flakes, or by adding your favorite hot sauce .
other Ingredients. This recipe is customizable and can include many other ingredients. Some traditional mexican picadillo recipes include parsley, blanched almonds, olives, carrots and raisins. See the Recipe Notes and Tips department of the main post for far discussion .
Did You Enjoy This Recipe ?
Read more : How to Build an Igloo in 10 Steps | Winter Fun
I love hearing how you like it and how you made it your own. Leave a comment below and tag @ ChiliPepperMadness on social media . bill : This recipe was updated on 3/6/22 to include new data and photograph. It was originally published on 4/18/18 .