We love DIY projects that are versatile in every sense of the parole. Versatile projects that can be american samoa much fun for the kids as it can be for adults, and versatile in how the finished project can be used. These DIY paper boxes can be endowment boxes, bangle boxes to hold child ’ south treasures, little repositing boxes for your position supplies or hold all your valued little craft supplies .
We partnered with our friends at AstroBrights ® Papers this week to contribution our tutorial for these colorful DIY paper boxes .
Read more for the wax tutorial…
Reading: DIY Paper Boxes – Alice and Lois
This is a bang-up means to try your hand at origami. This box may at beginning appear on the difficult side, but in actuality, it ’ s a reasonably easy newspaper folding project .
These sturdy and colorful paper boxes can be used for the holidays. Thinking these would be such a fun way to create a new second coming calendar this class. They besides would be great for your home office. Choose colors that add pops of color on your desk .
Our front-runner way to use these boxes ? As give boxes ! once you get the hang of the folds, you can put on the latest episode of Game of Thrones and crank out a twelve of these newspaper boxes .
We love to make them in all of Astrobrights graphic colors. The exceed of the box in one semblance, the bottom in another. Astrobrights has the biggest survival of bright colors, from Cosmic Orange to Solar Yellow to Venus Violet and Fireball Fuchsia and Lunar Blue. We had then much fun picking from all of the bright colors ! Some of our darling color jazz band for the two toned boxes include : Fireball Fucshia and Planetary Purple, Re-Entry Red and Celestial Blue, and Cosmic Orange and Solar Yellow .
Astrobrights 8.5 ten 11 paper, scissors
You can choose between card stock and regular weight newspaper, however we chose wag stock to make these boxes sturdy .
- Fold your sheet of 8.5 x 11 Astrobrights color card stock to create a square. It’s good to make a significant score with your fingernail. Simply run your fingernail along each fold. You can use a bone folder, but it’s easy to use your nails, too. Take bottom corner and fold up to top.
- Cut excess paper, making a square.
- Fold paper in half in triangle shape.
- Unfold triangle and fold in half in rectangle shape.
- Fold bottom fourth towards center line. Repeat fold to create quarter folds.
- Repeat in other direction. Fold in half in rectangle shape, then in fourths. You should now have 16 “squares.”
- Next, just like making a cootie catcher, fold all corners up to the middle of the square.
- Complete folds and score with fingernail.
Read more : How to take a screenshot on LG smartphones
9. Pull out two opposing triangles flat .
10. Fold up bottom triangle to middle line .
11. recur on top .
12. Unfold the former two folds .
13. Pull out the other two triangles .
14. repeat steps 10-11 .
15. now you ’ re ready to form the box. Pull long sides up to be two walls of the box .
16. Using the scores, fold the bottom and top into the box to create the remaining walls. Fold gratuity into the center of the bed of the box .
professional tip : To create the bottom of the corner, you need to trim two sides of the 8.5 x 11 composition before you create the squarely. I like to trim at least a quarter edge off the sides. This makes the bottom corner just smaller adequate to fit well .
Top the box with your favored ribbon or keep plain and let the score marks very shine. They make such gorgeous patterns !
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
Have fun creating these DIY paper boxes. Just a fair warn, making these boxes is a sting addictive ! Can ’ thyroxine expect to see your colorful creations with Astrobrights Papers !
Thank you so much to AstroBrights ® Papers for sponsoring this post. And thank you for supporting the brands who support Alice & Lois .
Photos by Melissa Fenlon .