Lemonade from scratch
Pin for later
At our last BBQ, Bob wanted to make his grandfather ’ s lemonade recipe, which somehow, hadn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate come up before .
I love lemonade but I ’ megabyte reasonably finical about it. I don ’ t like it besides gratifying and this adaptation was arrant .
I didn ’ thyroxine even urine it down which I normally do with all juices ( pernickety, correct ? I ’ m like a child ). It will be known as Grandpa Dusty ’ sulfur Lemonade around here.
What makes it a bit unique is that you can make it entirely from newly squeezed lemons or give your hands a break and use some bottle gamboge juice to pick up the slack .
I find either combination to work in truth well .
Why you’ll love this Homemade Lemonade:
- It’s light and refreshing – perfect for summer days.
- Only THREE ingredients!
- You control the sweetness.
- You can take a shortcut from squeezing lemons and make lemonade from bottled lemon juice to speed up the process.
Equipment you’ll need
- Lemon squeezer – If you plan to hand squeeze the lemons, this will make life easier.
- Strainer – To strain the lemon juice and catch any seeds/pulp.
- Tall pitcher – I like that this one has a lid.
- Long handled spoon – To stir it all up.
Ingredients for lemonade from bottled lemon juice
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card .
- LEMON JUICE – You’ll need 3/4 cup lemon juice whether it is fresh or bottled. Depending on your lemon size, this is approximately 4-5 lemons. If using bottled lemon juice, pick one that is 100% juice. It will have some preservatives, but otherwise shouldn’t have any other ingredients.
- boodle – Granulated white sugar is what I’ve tested with.
- ice rink
How to make Old Fashioned Homemade Lemonade 🍋
- step ONE : Squeeze the lemons. Roll the lemons to help release the juice and then slice in half and juice them. Save the squeezed lemons and slice them. Alternatively, you can use bottled lemon juice. Whatever way you get there, you need 3/4 cup.
- step TWO : Make a simple syrup. To a large pot, add the sliced, squeezed lemons, and water. Bring to a slight boil over medium heat. Add in the sugar and stir until dissolved. Use a strainer to pour the sugar water into a pitcher to catch any lemon seeds, and pulp.
- STEP THREE : Assemble the lemonade. To the pitcher of lemon water, add the squeezed lemon juice and stir. Add in ice.
- STEP FOUR : Chill. For best results, chill 2-4 hours to really let the flavors come together and then enjoy!
What to serve with lemonade
in truth, what doesn ’ thyroxine go with lemonade ? ? I by and large associate it with classical BBQ foods like macaroni salad, bake beans, potato salad, and bbq wimp .
But if you have more lemons to use up, try crockpot gamboge wimp or fifty emon chicken orzo soup .
To keep with the lemon subject : lemonade ice cream pie, lemon bundt patty, or lemon cupcakes with boo frosting.
Read more : How to Build an Igloo in 10 Steps | Winter Fun
Tips and Suggestions 🍋
- Wash the lemons before you get started since you’ll be using the whole lemon in the process.
- Don’t be afraid to use bottled lemon juice – just watch the ingredients to make sure you’re not getting any unnecessary additives.
- I don’t find this lemonade overly sweet as written, but you can cut down the sugar to 1 cup (or even 3/4 cup) if you like tart lemonade.
How to store it
Homemade lemonade should be stored covered in the electric refrigerator for the best results .
How long is fresh lemonade good for in the fridge?
5-7 days. Keep it covered in the electric refrigerator. If it develops a strange smell or looks different, discard it .
How do you make lemonade with store bought lemon juice?
well ! Just follow the recipe as written but use bottle lemon juice in place of the fresh coerce lemon juice .
Can you use bottled lemon juice in place of fresh lemon juice?
certain can. This recipe calls for 3/4 cup of lemon juice. I don ’ t care how you get there – clean squeezed, bottled lemon juice, or a jazz band of the two – just get to 3/4 cup .
How many lemons do I need?
Depending on the size of your lemons ( they can vary greatly ), you ’ ll need approximately 4-5 lemons, plus more for trim .
How much lemonade does this recipe make?
This recipe makes approximately 2 quarts, which is 8 cups .
How many does it serve?
Assuming each serve is a cup, this recipe will serve 8 people .
Want a flavored lemonade? Try these:
Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
Pineapple Strawberry Lemonade
Passion Tea Lemonade
Still thirsty? Try these:
Cranberry Orange Cider
Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
Click hera for my entire solicitation of drink recipes .
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media thus you never miss a post !
FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram I made a fun group on Facebook for sharing recipes, asking questions, and talking about food. I ’ vitamin d love to have you ! Request to join HERE .
besides, sign up to receive an e-mail in your inbox for each newly recipe :
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION & EBOOK
Read more : Smoked Pork Shoulder
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, plowshare it on Instagram and tag me @ melissa_pplates and/or # persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I ’ ll plowshare it in my stories !
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Category : Tutorial