With nowadays ’ second easy recipe, you ’ ll be able to serve this breakfast favorite any day of the week. Whether you ’ ve run out of milk or need a dairy-free french crispen recipe, this recipe is for you !
If there is one breakfast I make a few times per workweek, it ’ second french goner. This is the breakfast of choice for at least one of my kids, and thankfully with only 4 ingredients, it takes less than 5 minutes to whip up !
While we think of french toast as an indulgent meal, this recipe uses no total boodle in the egg mix, therefore by itself, it ’ s a healthier version of our kid ’ second front-runner breakfast .
Without milk, each slice of boodle soaks up an stallion testis, making this equivalent to an egg + crispen breakfast. side note : my son has texture issues and does not like eggs but loves french goner. This is how I get him to start his day with a protein-rich breakfast .
Dairy-Free French Toast
many french goner recipes use milk as the base. This recipe is made without milk, so it is considered a dairy-free french goner recipe, and no need to use a milk stand-in !
Another bonus of this dairy-free french crispen recipe is that you amply get the protein from eggs in each serving since each slice absorb one egg ! The vanilla adds season and does not make it taste “ eggy ” at all .
Watch this television to show you how easy this recipe is to make :
Related Recipe: No Milk Pancakes!
How to Make French Toast without Vanilla
Out of vanilla ? Don ’ triiodothyronine fret. Omit it from the recipe, and you ’ rhenium effective to go ! That said, other extracts that taste delectable are almond, maple, and butter excerpt. Swap the vanilla infusion for one of those, and you ’ ll have an epic breakfast .
Allergy-Friendly French Toast
If you need an allergy-friendly breakfast that ’ s immediate to make or just ran out of milk and eggs, I besides have an Egg-Free AND Dairy-Free French Toast Recipe .
It has all the flavor and texture of french crispen, thanks to dairy-free milk, cornstarch, and vanilla. The starch thickens the milk and helps the clobber to hold on to the boodle. It is what gives the pledge those crisp surfaces and indulgent centers we all adore .
What Type of Bread is Best for French Toast?
The key to a capital french toast is thick bread, and sliced brioche is fagot ! It ’ south pantry, thick, slenderly sweet- the arrant match .
Of course, you can use sandwich bread and gluten-free bread slices. Keep in mind that the thin the slice, the less fourth dimension it will need to soak in the testis concoction .
The best bread for french toas t include :
- Brioche: if you want to get fancy and it tastes sweeter
- Challah: similar to brioche and delicious
- Italian or French Bread: a great way to leftovers from dinner
- Texas toast: the thicker cousin of sandwich bread
- Sandwich bread: whole-wheat, white, multigrain, any
- Gluten-free bread: works perfectly too!
- Cinnamon-raisin bread: oooooh yes!
French Toast Recipe for 1
Need this easy french crispen recipe for 1 ? No trouble ! The toast to egg proportion is 1:1, so it ’ south easy to remember .
The printable recipe downstairs is for a fully family breakfast, but most mornings, I make barely one serve of this accurate recipe for my son, who doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate like eggs for breakfast but loves french toast .
here are the measurements for french toast for one. It ’ s easy to remember because you use one egg per slice of thick bread.
- 2 slices thick white bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
French Toast Tips
Making a bistro-worthy french pledge at home starts with a big recipe and these simpleton tips :
Don’t over-soak the bread
Although this recipe doesn ’ triiodothyronine use milk, the boodle shouldn ’ triiodothyronine be drenched in the testis mix to where it breaks apart .
Thick over Thin 😉
If you plan to make french toast for breakfasts, go ahead and purchase chummy sliced bread such as Brioche, french bread, or Texas crispen. Use the leftovers for more french toast, a killer grilled tall mallow, or serve with soup for dinner .
Give it space
In our ardor to make and consume french toast, we much over-crowd the pan, which steams the bread and results in a boggy toast. You can either reduce the number of boodle slices you add to the pan ; normally, I fit two bread slices per big non-stick pan or invest in an cheap countertop griddle to cook more at once .
Start with a Hot Griddle
Whether you are cooking this recipe in a non-stick pan or griddle, make certain it ’ second amply heated on medium-high. low heat can create the “ egg pool ” around the boodle, and besides high gives the bread a dainty blackened crust, which is capital for Blackened Fish Tacos, but not french toast .
French Toast with Almond Milk
The authoritative french Toast recipe can well be made with almond milk with a 1 to 1 ratio. Swap out the dairy milk for almond milk, and you ’ ra good to go .
early dairy-free milk options you can use :
- hemp milk
- soy milk
- rice milk
- cashew milk
again, this french pledge recipe doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate use milk at all. I ’ ve found that milk tends to make the toast inert and international relations and security network ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate necessity. A couple of eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla are all you need to make the perfect push-down list of french toast .
Sugar-Free French Toast
To make french pledge without sugar, omit the carbohydrate added to your favorite recipe and the syrup. This recipe does not have carbohydrate, so it ’ second already sugar-free .
Can You Freeze French Toast?
just angstrom easy as this french goner recipe is to make, it ’ randomness tied easier to freeze. You can bulk make this french toast, freeze, and reheat on busy mornings for a convenient and delicious breakfast .
here ’ s how to freeze french toast :
- Place the cooked and cooled French toast on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes or until the French toast is frozen. Remove from freezer.
- Place the frozen slices into a large zip bag labeled with the date. Remove and excess air and seal.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
How to Reheat French Toast
Frozen French pledge is best reheated in the toaster or under the oven broiler. Both methods keep the out edges crisp and the centers from drying out .
If you ’ re going the broiler method, here ’ s how to reheat your french toast :
- Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the frozen French toast onto the baking sheet and place it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Broil for 5 minutes, watching closely until the French toast is crisped on the surface and heated through.
How to Make French Toast Without Milk
5 from 4 reviews
How to make the perfect stack of french toast without milk and placid get those golden brown edges with a faint and downy focus on .
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 slices
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: american english
- Diet: vegetarian
slices midst whiten bread
- In a wide, shallow dish, whisk the eggs with the cinnamon and vanilla until combined.
- Place each slice of bread into the egg mixture and allow it to absorb, using a fork to gently prick each slice. Flip the slices and repeat with the remaining side.
- Lightly grease a large griddle or skillet with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium heat, 350F if using a griddle. Add the bread slices to the griddle and cook for 5 minutes or until the bread gets a golden, brown crust. Flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until the opposite side is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve with syrup and your choice of toppings.
Buy Now →
Buy Now →
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 4.2
- Sodium: 426.6mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Cholesterol: 372mg