Want to make your hydrating more fun ? Try Cucumber Water ! You may have seen it at resort hotel or smasher salons, and the botanic relish tastes like poolside relaxion in a sip. But how do you make this tasty infused water ? Do you just combine cucumber and water ? Well, kind of. here ’ s what you need to know about how to make this tasty beverage !
How to make cucumber water: basic steps
Cucumber water requires just cucumbers and water. But to make it, you do need one extra matter : time ! It takes 1 hour for the spirit to infuse into the water. here ’ s what to do :
- Slice ½ cucumber into thin rounds.
- Add 8 cups cold water.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour!
Cheater tip: This infuse water actually tastes pretty good after about 10 minutes. thus if you ’ re in a rush, you could serve immediately. Just habit very cold water.
Reading: Cucumber Water
Use a standard or English cucumber
You can use any type of cucumber for this cucumber water ! typically you ’ ll see it with the standard variety, but an english cucumber works besides. What ’ s the difference ?
- English cucumbers are long and straight, with a thin skin with ridges and very small seeds. Because the thin skin is so fragile, it’s sold with a plastic covering in the grocery store. This is our favorite type to use, because the flavor is so mild and it doesn’t need to be peeled. Read more about English cucumbers here.
- Standard slicing cucumbers are shorter, with thick, dark green skin and very large seeds. The thick skin and seeds can be bitter, so they’re often removed when cooking.
English cucumbers are longer, with ridged outsides and delicate skin
Add-ons for cucumber water: herbs, lemon, and more
once you ’ ve mixed up a batch of cucumber urine, there are a few optional ingredients you can add before and after serving to make it very pop. This is perfect for entertaining ! On the regular, we precisely drink it straight up .
- Fresh herbs like mint or basil: Add these before you let the cucumber infuse for 1 hour. Or, go to Cucumber Herb Water.
- Lemon or lime: We like serving this water with a few lemon wedges or slices. Or you can let the citrus infuse: go to Cucumber Lemon Water.
How long does cucumber water last?
Cucumber water lasts even longer than most infuse water recipes. plan to store it for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. The cucumber holds up well to storage over time, which is not the case for other fruits and veggies like strawberries, which tend to fall apart ( like in this Fruit Infused Water ). however, it tastes well within 1 day !
It’s also great with sparkling water
Revive your cucumber water with some bubbles ! You can add foam water system or club sodium carbonate to get a flavored champagne water. We use a SodaStream, or you can use your favorite brand of sparkling water ( La Croix, Topo Chico, etc ) .
More infused water recipes
Love infusing your body of water ? We ’ ve got lots of ideas ! But keep in mind : infuse water is best with alone certain types of fruits and veggies. Cucumber, citrus, and herbs tend to infused the best. here are our top infuse waters :
Printclock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
5 from 4 reviews
- homework time : 5 minutes
- cook time : 0 minutes
- sum time : 5 minutes
- move over :
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
What makes hydrating easier ? Cucumber water ! Add spa-like tranquillity to your sidereal day with this inculcate water .
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 8 cups ( 64 ounces) cold water
- Lemon slices, for serving (if desired)
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Wash and thinly slice the cucumber.
- Add the cucumber slices to bottom of a pitcher. Use a wooden spoon to lightly muddle (mash) them several times to release the juices.
- Add the cold water. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving (you can add fresh mint sprigs if desired). Flavor is best within 1 day, but you can store up to 3 days refrigerated. Serve with lemon slices if desired. Or, add a splash of sparkling water.
- class : Drink
- method acting : Infused
- cuisine : water
- diet :
Keywords : Cucumber urine