This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy .
Watch Chicken Sandwich Video Tutorial:
A homemade chicken sandwich tastes clean because you aren ’ t re-using the lapp oil all sidereal day long. They are more meet than Popeyes Chicken Sandwich or even the celebrated Chik fil A.
just like homemade Burgers, these chicken sandwiches are a playfulness and cheap way to feed a crowd. This recipe makes 6 chicken sandwiches and the wimp patties reheat well so they are great for meal plan .
How to Make Fried Chicken Breast:
A bang-up fried chicken starts with a well-seasoned marinade. The combination of buttermilk and hot sauce tenderizes the chicken and the generous amount of seasoning adds flavor .
1. Pound chicken cutlets between fictile wrap to an even 1/2 ” thickness for even frying .
2. Marinate chicken – In a large mix bowl, aggregate marinade ingredients, add wimp and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours or nightlong .
3. Dredge Chicken – In a separate shallow stadium, whisk together : flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Lift a patch of marinade wimp, letting surfeit marinade drip off, and dip wimp into the flour assortment, pressing it on with your hands to coat well. Transfer to a wire rack. Keep the flour mix for footstep 5 .
4. Heat 1-inch of oil in a soup toilet or dutch oven to 350˚F. See our favorite oils for frying below .
5. Re-dip the chicken into the flour concoction barely before frying. Add chicken 2 pieces at a time so you don ’ triiodothyronine crowd .
7. Fry the Chicken – Adjust the temperature of the vegetable oil to keep it at 300-325˚F while frying. Cook 3-4 minutes on the beginning side, then flip and cook 2-3 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 160-165˚F. Transfer to a wire rack .
Pro Tips for Crisp and Juicy Fried Chicken:
- Give it time to marinate: buttermilk helps to tenderize the chicken so marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Seasoning the flour well: Don’t skimp on the seasoning. Press the flour mixture onto the chicken to adhere well.
- Double dip – just before frying chicken, dip it into the seasoned flour again for a thick and shaggy exterior.
- The right oil temperature: heat to 350˚F before adding chicken then adjust the temperature to keep it at 300-325˚F while frying. Don’t overcrowd the pot or the oil temperature will drop quickly. A clip-on pot thermometer is really useful.
- When to remove the chicken: take the chicken out of the hot oil once it’s cooked through and browned. The internal temperature will continue to rise as the chicken rests and should reach 165˚F so take the chicken out just before that. Insert an instant-read thermometer in the side of your chicken to check.
- DO NOT drain on paper towels: drain or rest fried chicken on a wire rack set over a baking sheet to allow air to circulate. Draining on paper towels will trap steam and the crust will soften.
Classic Toppings for a Chicken Sandwich:
These are the classical toppings for a electrocute chicken sandwich. If you want to cut down on homework, you can besides skip all of the toppings and use a crunchy Coleslaw which incorporates the sauce and veggies into one tasty sandwich exceed .
- Buns – We love brioche buns because they are beautiful and add a hint of sweetness.
- Dill Pickles – slice into rings to put inside the sandwich or serve pickle spears on the side.
- Lettuce – green curly lettuce looks the best but any sandwich lettuce will work
- Tomatoes and onions – thickly slice juicy tomatoes and thinly slice onions into rings.
- Cheese – we don’t always use sliced cheese but when we do, we love a medium cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese.
- Sauce – we love a simple mayonnaise or fry sauce (the same one we used for our burger recipe).
Can I use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, but keep in mind benighted kernel will take longer to cook. Be certain chicken thighs are well trimmed of fat and cook to an internal temperature of 170˚-175˚F ( 6 to 8 minutes per side ) .
What is the Best Oil for Fried Chicken?
Use a neutral oil with a high smoke bespeak. The great news is that the best oils for frying are besides the least expensive oils. You can always opt for an supernumerary light olive anoint or avocado vegetable oil but those are significantly more expensive. Our go-to oils for frying are :
- Vegetable Oil
- Canola Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Corn Oil
More Crowd-Pleasing Sandwich Recipes:
For me to love a sandwich, it has to be something special. These sandwich recipes will impress even the pickiest eaters .
Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
These Chicken Sandwiches are crispy on the outside with a juicy center. We ‘re sharing all of our best topple for making flavorful fried chicken breast with a thick and shaggy crust that crunches when you bite into it.
Cost to Make:
$10-$20 varies by toppings
chicken sandwich, crispy chicken sandwich
medium wimp breasts, boneless, skinless, halved into 6 cutlets
hot sauce, ( we use Frank ’ s Red Hot mark )
Read more : How to Build an Igloo in 10 Steps | Winter Fun
Classic Breading for Fried Chicken:
black pepper, impertinently grind
- oil for frying – vegetable anoint, canola oil vegetable oil or peanut petroleum
Toppings for Chicken Sandwiches:
hamburger buns, buttered and toasted
fleeceable lettuce leaves
large tomato, sliced
dill pickles, sliced into rings
- mayonnaise, or your darling sauce
US Customary – Metric
- Pound chicken cutlets between 2 sheets of fictile wrapping and syrian pound to an even 1/2 ” thickness so they cook more evenly .
- In a large shuffle bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Add Chicken, turning to coat then embrace and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or nightlong .
- In a separate shallow stadium, whisk together breading ingredients : flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, paprika, onion powderize and garlic gunpowder. Remove a piece of chicken from the marinade, letting excess drip off and dip chicken into flour mix, pressing it on with your hands to coat well. Transfer to a wire single-foot .
- Heat 1 ” oil in a soup batch or dutch oven to 350˚F. fair before frying chicken, dip it into the seasoned flour again for a dense and bushy exterior.Add chicken, 2 pieces at a time for a smaller pot so you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate crowd and reduce the temperature of the oil excessively quickly .
- identify wimp into the petroleum one by one. Adjust the flame to keep the petroleum temperature at 300-325˚F. Cook 3-4 minutes on the first side or until browned and crispen then somersault and cook another 2-3 minutes on the second side or until cooked through and wimp is browned and crisp all over .
- transfer to a wire rack set over a baking sheet. The internal temperature will continue to rise as it rests. The final rest temperature of the chicken should reach 165˚F .
- lightly butter and toast the cut sides of your buns and build your crisp chicken sandwiches with desire toppings .
Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g
Vitamin A 1516IU
Vitamin C 7mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Read more : Smoked Pork Shoulder
Nutrition DisclosureInstagram If you make this recipe, I ’ five hundred beloved to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter ! Hashtag them # natashaskitchen