There are two kinds of checkboxes in Word and depending on what you need to do with your document and what is your Word version, choose the allow guide .
Insert checkbox in Word 2016 for printed documents
This guide is applicable for Word 2010 and versions after that.
If you want to use the paper interpretation of your document and to tick the boxes with a pen, you merely need to insert checkbox characters .
- Write text for your list and select it by holding the left mouse button and dragging it from the first to the last point in the list.
- Make sure the Home menu is opened. Find Paragraph tab there.
- Next to the bullet points icon you will see an arrow that symbolizes the drop-down menu. Open the drop-down menu and click on Define New Bullet.
- Click on the Symbol tab.
- From the list of fonts, select Wingdings (or Wingdings 2 in newer versions of Word) and find the appropriate, empty checkbox.
- Click OK to confirm and then once more.
Insert checkbox in Word 2007 or older
If you still use older versions of Word, the steps for inserting checkboxes are slenderly different .
- Select the list and right click on the mouse.
- Click on the Bullets and Numberings on the shown menu.
- Select any bullet style and then click on Customize.
- Click on Character.
- From the selection of fonts, choose Wingdings.
- Find the checkbox and click OK.
This option will replace default bullet points with an empty checkbox. You won ’ t be able to fill in the imprint, but it is utilitarian when you want to print out your document .
How do you add a fillable checkbox in Word
If you need interactional Word text file where you can tick the checkboxes, here ’ s what you need to do :
Read more : 3 Key Steps to a Concrete Floor Refresh
- Go to the File menu and click on Options to open the additional window called Word Options.
- Click on the Customize Ribbon.
- In the right drop-down menu check if the “Customize the Ribbon” is selected.
- Find the Developer checkbox and click on the + button.
- Tick the Developer checkbox and click another plus button next to the Controls checkbox.
- Click on Checkbox Content Control and finally click OK.
- The Developer menu will be visible in the main toolbar.
- Find the Controls tab in the Developer menu and click on the checkbox icon.
Depending on how many checkboxes you need, click on that checkbox picture to create interactional and fillable checkboxes. By default the X sign will appear when you check the box. If you want to change that symbol and put let ’ s say the ✔ sign, go to the Properties choice in the Controls tab key .
If the Properties icon happen to be blurred, you need to check the box you inserted and then go there. At the bottom of the Content Control Properties you will see Check symbol choice. Click on the Change button and choose the preferable sign for the checkbox. Click OK to confirm the changes .
Insert a single checkbox in Word
Checkboxes are chiefly used to create disturbance lists, surveys, and other types of lists. But sometimes you may need only one checkbox that will be placed somewhere in the text. To insert entirely one checkbox, follow these steps below.
- Click on the exact place in the document where you want to insert a single checkbox.
- Click on the Insert menu and then on Symbol option.
- From the list of symbols find the checkbox symbol you want to insert and double click on it.
Enlarge the size of a text box without enlarging the text
If you want to change the size of the checkbox, suction stop on it with the exit mouse push button and the little squares will show up enabling you to drag the box and making it bigger. It may happen that the text increases in size together with the box but you can well change the font size. Just select the textbook and in the Font options change the size .