Hemorrhoids are common that occur equally in men and women worldwide. It is estimated that half of the people will have hemorrhoids by the age of 50 years. When the veins around the anal canal swell, they cause a condition called hemorrhoids. It occurs when excess atmospheric pressure is put during physical activity, pregnancy or childbirth, etc. More normally, those who have a family history of hemorrhoids may develop the same discipline. Hemorrhoids are good treated through prevention. assorted surgical options are besides available but are normally performed for dangerous hemorrhoids. There are respective symptoms that vary among patients with hemorrhoids. unfortunately, most hemorrhoid patients do not consult a repair because they feel embarrassed or uncomfortable because of the location of this disease .
What Is External Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids are a common anorectal disease that causes discomfort and annoyance. by and large, they are vascular cushions of tissues filled with blood vessels present in the anus and rectum of the human body. When they become exaggerated, the condition or the disease is called hemorrhoids. external hemorrhoids are normally called as piles. The function of external hemorrhoids is not very clear, but it is believed that they help to control intestine movements .
What Are the Types of Hemorrhoids?
There are two types of hemorrhoids :
- Internal Hemorrhoids : They are present within the anal canal and are three in number in general. On the good side, there are two internal hemorrhoids, and on the left side, there is one home hemorrhoid .
- External Hemorrhoids : They are present on the lower side of the anal canal, covered by skin and anoderm .
What Causes External Hemorrhoids?
The exact factor is unknown, but there are respective possible factors, such as :
What Are the Symptoms of External Hemorrhoids?
The affected role may feel or suffer from :
- Itching .
- Bleeding without pain .
- presence of rake in the toilet .
- Discomfort .
Depending on the asperity, hemorrhoid symptoms are of different types, as mentioned below :
- Grade 1 : slightly enlarged hemorrhoids but inconspicuous from the external of the anus .
- Grade 2: Enlarged hemorrhoids that come out when passing stool or early physical activity. They go inside on their own .
- Grade 3 : enlarge hemorrhoids that come out when passing stool or other physical action and do not go inside on their own .
- Grade 4 : They remain blow up and outside the anus and can not be pushed back inwardly. They are besides called rectal prolapse .
How to Treat External Hemorrhoids Without Surgery?
Based on the symptoms and severity of hemorrhoids, it is important to see a repair. The non-surgical treatment includes :
- high character diet .
- Avoid excessive physical activity to avoid blackmail on hemorrhoids .
- Decrease the toilet time .
- Increase water inhalation .
- Take warmly bathtub baths for bring around .
- Apply an frost battalion .
other treatments are :
Read more : 3 Key Steps to a Concrete Floor Refresh
- Rubber band ligation in which a ligator or elastic isthmus is placed around the hemorrhoid. It holds hemorrhoids in station. It takes six to eight weeks to completely remove the hemorrhoids .
- Medications such as Hydrocortisone and Lidocaine may help to reduce itch and pain temporarily .
- Sclerotherapy is when a fluid is injected into the hemorrhoids to make them shrink .
- Electrotherapy uses electric current given to the hemorrhoids to make them shrink .
- Infrared curdling is done with the assistant of infrared light up to cut the blood supply and shrink the hemorrhoids .
surgical treatments are :
- Hemorrhoidectomy : It will remove the hemorrhoid and the clog after making an incision or cut. It is a small operating room done under local anesthesia. The extra tissues that cause bleeding are completely removed. The curing rate is 95 % and has low complications. It is the most effective treatment. It is performed using a astute instrumental role such as scissors or scalpel, and the operating room site is closed with sutures. All the hemorrhoid column are treated or removed together .
- Open Hemorrhoidectomy : It is similar to traditional hemorrhoidectomy except that the incision is left loose .
- Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy : The hemorrhoids are stapled back inside the anal. It is a new proficiency and is used in degree 3 and 4 hemorrhoid symptoms .
- Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation : The blood vessels are cut to shrink the hemorrhoids .
How to Prevent External Hemorrhoids from Developing?
There are some methods that can help in prevention of external hemorrhoids, they are :
- Avoid Straining to Poop – debar sitting for long clock time on gutter for long time .
- Take Measures to Prevent Constipation – Have diet rich people in high fiber foods, drink lots of water, take roughage supplements .
- Avoid Lifting Heavy Weights – Do not strain yourself .
- seek for professional advice if you are at higher gamble .
What Are the Complications of Hemorrhoidectomy?
- pain .
- urinary tract infection .
- Fecal Impaction – It is dry and hard stool stuck or impacted in the rectum .
- Fecal Incontinence – escape of the stool from the rectum unintentionally when the patient is not able to control the campaign .
- Anal Stricture – It is the tapered of the anal canal, making stool difficult to pass .
Read more : Smoked Pork Shoulder
Hemorrhoids are common diseases that affect many people. normally both types of hemorrhoids go off on their own, but sometimes checkup intervention can be required. It is best to prevent stultification and take a high-fiber diet to treat hemorrhoids. There is no quick treatment that can treat hemorrhoids within 48 hours, but hemorrhoidectomy is the most effective treatment choice available .
- NIH – Hemorrhoids
- NHS – Piles
- NIH – Enlarged hemorrhoids