Here are a few tips to get blood out of carpet and upholstery.
Blood Stain Removal Tips:
Read more : Smoked Pork Shoulder
Read more : How to take a screenshot on LG smartphones
he faster you treat the stain, the better
- Never use hot or warm water! It will set the blood stain in.
- Only use a white cloth for cleaning. It is easier to see if you are lifting the blood stain out and a colored cloth can transfer dye to the carpet or upholstery
- Remember: every fabric is different. Do a spot removal test on a hidden section of carpet or upholstery to make sure the water or cleaning solution will not fade or damage your carpet or fabric.
Remove Blood From Carpets:
- If the blood stain you’re trying to remove is dry, first brush it with a stiff brush to remove the surface deposit. Mix one teaspoon of dishwashing(regular dish soap, not automatic dishwasher) detergent with two cups of cold water.
- Take a clean, white cloth and dip it in the detergent solution you just mixed.
- Blot directly on the bloodstain, repeatedly. Blot, don’t scrub.
- If the dish soap didn’t work, try ammonia.
- Mix one-half cup of lukewarm water with one tablespoon of ammonia.
- Using a cloth or sponge, apply the ammonia solution directly onto the bloodstain.
- Blot the stain until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Apply a sponge dipped in cold water directly to the stain, and blot dry.
Remove Blood From Upholstery:
- Dampen a cloth with cold water and gently blot the bloodstain. Don’t scrub,. Scrubbing will push the blood further into the upholstery.
- Soak a white cloth with club soda, and gently blot the stain.
- Repeat step 2 as the stain lightens. You can stop blotting with the cloth when it stops pulling blood from the affected surface.
- Is the stain still there? Mix 80% water, 10% glycerin, and 10% laundry detergent until well blended then pour the mixture into a spray bottle
- Spray a couple of times directly onto the bloodstain, but do not over soak. Blot with a white sponge or cloth
- Blot with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
Have another stain ? See our smudge removal usher. distillery need help oneself ? Give us a call at 1800 FOR COIT and we ’ ll use our mark fighting expertness on the though mark .
Call the PROs at COIT for a professional clean!