1. Give Reddit’s Own Download Button a Go
The Reddit app ( Android | io ) has a dedicated “ Download ” push button that lets you save videos to your device. bill that the option is not available if you ’ rhenium browsing Reddit from your personal computer .
On iOS the option is named “ Save Video ” and seldomly appears, as Reddit restricts some videos, including those hosted on the app itself. On Android, the feature of speech is more widespread. however, it appears that you can lone download holocene videos, so if you ’ re targeting an older video, refer to the other methods in this article.
interestingly, once you download a video, the Android app sends a “ GIF downloaded ” presentment at the bottom. however, in our testing, the clips were saved as MP4s. This method works if you ’ re trying to download a short video ( from our experience, up to one minute and 30s ). Since we couldn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate find a longer video recording on Reddit, we weren ’ triiodothyronine able to verify whether it works with videos of any length, including videos of 15 minutes, which is the maximum allow duration .
- Open the Reddit app on your phone and find a video you’d like to download.
- Tap on its thumbnail to open it in full view.
- Press on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Download” from the menu that pops up from the bottom.
- Wait a few seconds until you see the “GIF downloaded” message at the bottom.
- Go to your phone’s Gallery app, and you should find the video in your Downloads folder.
2. Use a Third-Party App
There are enough of apps that make Reddit a more eye-pleasing and palatable feel. Some can even help you save videos to your device for late viewing. You may want to take notice of some of these options, specially if you ’ re using an io device. alternatively, you may want to opt for a straightforward video downloader .
Those in the know will tell you that Slide for Reddit ( Android | io ) ranks right among the best of them. not only is it the best way to view Reddit, but it has a cool handy feature : a Reddit video downloader ! To download videos on Reddit through Slide, follow the steps below :
- Open the app and go to the video you want to download so that it’s full-screen.
- Tap on the “Download” button at the bottom.
- The app will ask you where you want your downloads saved. Make your selection and press the “Download” button again.
Another bang-up app for browsing Reddit that besides features a download button is Joey for Reddit, although it ’ s only available on Android .
Downloading Reddit video recording is ace easy if you have a third-party video downloader .
In our case, we are using an app called Viddit. Download the Viddit app from the Google Play Store and install it. There is no longer a corresponding io app for Viddit in the App Store, so we recommend sticking to Slide if you ’ re using an Apple mobile device. As a bonus, you can use Viddit on your personal computer ampere well .
- Open the Reddit post that has the video you want to download.
- Hit the “Share” button in the lower-right corner.
- Tap on the “Share Via” option.
- Select the “Download” option (with the Viddit logo on top) from the “Share” menu that pops up.
- You’ll be taken straight to the Viddit app, where it will proceed to grab the link to the video from the link of the post. Note that it may take a few seconds to process the video.
- Once it’s done, you should find the video in your phone’s Gallery app.
- If you don’t want to download any apps to your phone or tend to use Reddit on your PC, you can make use of the viddit.red page.
- On Reddit, click below the video’s “Share” option, then on “Copy Link” from the drop-down menu as shown below.
- Paste the copied link into the link box and click “Submit” to generate a link to download the video.
- Press the “Download HD Video” button to save it to your machine.
curious to read content that ’ s no longer available ? Learn how to access deleted Reddit posts and comments .
3. The Reddit Bot
Telegram has a bot that helps users download video files, and Reddit has a similar bot. Reddit bots are playfulness little pieces of code that can help you perform a variety of things .
These bots can help you show battery percentage, convert non-metrics into metrics, post bold characters, or just download a video. The best thing about these bots is that you don ’ t have to install them or do anything extra to take advantage of their power .
For our purposes, we will be using the “ u/savevideo ” Reddit bot that lets you save any television on Reddit. however, do note that you will not be able to download some videos ( including YouTube ) using this method .
- Open the post that contains the video you wish to download on Reddit.
- Comment “u/savevideo” (without the quotes) and tap the “Post” button.
- Within a few seconds, the Reddit bot will share a comment with the link. In some cases, the bot will send you a direct message instead that contains the same link.
- Tap on this link to open a new page with the link to download in either HD or SD resolution.
Do note that Reddit often bans bots. furthermore, in some cases, this Reddit bot works within a few seconds, while at other times, it may take several minutes to send you the link .
4. Try a Website
There are multiple Reddit video-downloading websites available that can help you grab the television you want to download. A democratic web site for doing this is Redditsave, which is a nice, clean website that you can access from your mobile browser a well as your personal computer.
- To download the video using Redditsave, you need to open the Reddit post containing the video.
- Hit the “Share” button.
- Press the “Copy Link” button to copy the video’s link to your clipboard.
- Open the RedditSave website in another tab and paste the link you just copied.
- Press “Download.”
- Once the video is grabbed from the link by RedditSave, hit one of the two green buttons below to download either HD or SD video.
Prefer other social apps ? You may be interest in learning how to download TikTok video .
5. Screen Recording
If you don ’ thyroxine find any of the methods above appealing, you could try to take advantage of your device ’ randomness built-in screen recording capabilities. For case, starting with Android 10, phones have a native screen-recording capability that users can start using with just a few swipes .
If you ’ rhenium uncertain how to use this feature, we have an article that takes you through all the steps of sieve recording on Android. If you ’ re on io, see how you can screen record on your Apple device. just go to the Reddit app, rap on the video recording you want to save, make indisputable it ’ second playing on full screen, then turn on the recorder choice .
alternatively, it ’ s possible to screen record even if you prefer to use Reddit on Windows or Mac .
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I download Reddit videos as GIFs?
Yes ! There ’ mho a function in the Slide app that lets you download videos as GIFs. You ’ ll find it future to the three-dot menu in the app. Otherwise, once you download your Reddit television, you can upload it to a web site like EZGIF that will convert it to a GIF for you .
Can I download Reddit videos with sound?
Yes, the above sites and apps should download your Reddit video recording with reasoned ( if the video has sound, of course ) .
Why can’t I download certain Reddit videos?
Some Reddit posts will embed videos from third-party websites, such as YouTube or other external videos, and some of the apps we ’ ve listed in this article don ’ thymine support such formats. If you can ’ thymine download a Reddit video using one of the methods described in this tutorial, switch to one of the other options outlined and see whether that works .
What happened to the Download Reddit Videos extension for Firefox and Chrome?
While the extension still exists and can calm be added to Firefox and Chrome, clicking on the tag/date/time for any downloadable connection will now redirect you to the redditvideodl home page without actually downloading anything. If you want, you can copy/paste the radio link manually ; however, that defeats the elongation ’ s aim of simplifying your work flow. If you however want an annex, RedditSave ( which we covered in this article ) has feasible Chrome and Firefox extensions .
effigy citation : Freepik. All screenshots by Alexandra Arici .
Alexandra is passionate about mobile technical school and can be often found fiddling with a smartphone from some obscure company. She kick-started her career in technical school journalism in 2013, after working a few years as a middle-school teacher. constantly driven by curiosity, Alexandra likes to know how things work and to share that cognition with everyone .
pledge to our newsletter !
Read more : Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Our latest tutorials delivered uncoiled to your inbox
Sign up for all newsletters .
Category : Tutorial