What to Know
- Facebook.com: Select the bell. Hover over a notification, select the three-dot icon, and choose Remove this notification.
- Facebook mobile app: Select the bell icon. Tap the three-dot icon and then tap Remove this notification.
- Stop Messenger notifications: Click Messenger icon > See All in Messenger > select friend > Privacy & Support > Mute Conversation.
This article explains how to delete notifications on Facebook on a desktop browser or the Facebook mobile app. It includes information on limiting notifications in cosmopolitan. besides included is information on stopping notifications from specific individuals when using the Messenger app .
Table of Contents
Delete Facebook Notifications in a Browser
If you have many Facebook friends or follow several Facebook Pages, the notifications you receive can be submerge. You can delete Facebook notifications from a web browser or the mobile app.
To delete Facebook notifications in a calculator browser :
- signboard in to Facebook.com in a web browser .
choice Notifications ( bell icon ) in the upper-right corner on Facebook.com .
Hover the cursor over the telling you want to delete and select More ( three dots ) .
In the menu that appears, choice Remove this notification to clear it from your notifications. You have a few seconds to select Undo if you change your judgment .
If you ‘d preferably keep the notification but label it to separate it from your newest ones, choice Mark as Read. This changes the background color of the telling to white. You can only do this on Facebook.com, not on the app .
Depending on the type of presentment, you have extra menu options that reduce unnecessary notifications. These include :
- Get fewer notifications like this: These notifications won’t stop completely, but you won’t see as many of them.
- Turn off notifications about [name’s] updates: Reduces the number of alerts you receive from a specific person’s updates to a post.
- Turn off these notifications: You’ll no longer see a particular kind of notification, such as less important ones from Pages rather than direct interactions from friends.
- Turn off all notifications from this Page: You’ll no longer receive any alerts from this specific Page, whether it’s a Page you’ve liked or it’s a Page you manage from your account.
- If you selected any of the options listed in the previous footprint, you can placid select Remove this notification subsequently to clear it from your alerts .
Delete Facebook Notifications in the App
You can besides delete Facebook notifications in the mobile Facebook app .
- blue-ribbon Notifications ( bell icon ) in the bed menu to display your notifications .
- Tap More ( three dots ) future to a telling you want to delete .
In the menu that appears, choice Remove this notification to clear it from your notifications .
- choose from any of the extra options to limit your notifications .
Facebook does n’t have a feature that allows you to delete your explanation notifications in majority. Follow the steps above for each one to delete it. Facebook only maintains a certain count of your holocene notifications and automatically deletes the older ones.
Stop Unnecessary Notifications in a Browser
You can make it easier on yourself by turning off or limiting certain notifications that you know you ‘re going to end up deleting. Although you ca n’t turn them all off, you can cut them down .
here ‘s how to cut back on notifications at Facebook.com in a browser .
On Facebook.com, choose Account ( down arrow ) in the upper-right corner .
Select Settings & Privacy .
Select Settings .
choice Notifications from the menu on the left to open the Notifications Settings screen .
Select the arrow beside any of the presentment types to display the options.
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
adjacent to Allow Notifications on Facebook in any telling class, toggle off the switch to stop receiving these notifications .
Stop Unnecessary Notifications in the App
To cut back on notifications in the mobile app :
- On the Facebook app, tap Menu ( three lines ) from the bottom menu .
- Scroll gloomy and choose Settings & Privacy .
Tap Settings .
- Under Preferences, solicit Notifications .
- Under What Notifications You Receive, tap any class to change your preferences. Or, toggle on Mute Push Notifications to stop receiving many notifications .
future to Allow Notifications on Facebook, set the toggle off to stop receiving notifications in that class. optionally, align permissions on where you receive notifications, such as via Push, electronic mail, or SMS .
stop Notifications From Messenger in a Browser
Facebook Messenger notifications are separate from other alerts you receive on Facebook. Whether you use Messenger on Facebook.com or via the Messenger mobile app, you can configure your telling settings so you do n’t receive as many .
If you ‘re on Facebook.com, you can stop notifications from specified individuals. Follow these steps .
On Facebook.com, select the Messenger icon in the upper-right corner .
blue-ribbon See All in Messenger at the bottom of the drop-down menu .
- Select a friend in the left column or search for a friend ‘s name and select it from the automatic suggestions .
Under the friend ‘s word picture in the column at the correct english of the filmdom, blue-ribbon Privacy & Support .
choose Mute Conversation from the menu .
Choose Until I turn it back on to stop the notifications from that acquaintance in Messenger and choose Mute .
Choose one of the other options to pause messages temporarily .
Pause Notifications From Messenger in the App
You can pause notifications from the Messenger app on your mobile device temporarily. hera ‘s how :
- In the Messenger app, tap your profile picture at the top of the screen door, and then tap Notifications & Sounds .
Tap Do Not Disturb.
Read more : Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
Select the length of time to pause your notifications. You wo n’t receive Messenger notifications on your fluid device for the time you specify .