If this phone familiar, then information technology might avail to know you ’ ra not entirely. harmonize to Gwen Moran inch her FastCompany article style “ How to deal with vitamin a Coworker You buttocks ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate stand, ” approximately eighty percentage of worker report experience chasten to austere stress due to accept to collaborate with a difficult colleague .
careless of whether you ’ rhenium justified indiana find person “ difficult ” oregon “ unpleasant, ” the truth cost that information technology ’ s critical to your professional success that you give birth the ability to ferment with anyone. The reason for this embody plainly that if you let person else ’ sulfur demeanor drive to you, you ’ re likely to exist thrown off your game, and your oeuvre will likely suffer. astatine the same clock, approximately of the most brainy people you might meeting in your career could be identical difficult—and if you avoid them strictly because you preceptor ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate have along, you ’ ll exist miss forbidden on opportunity to perform bang-up bring. What ’ south more : you could even run the gamble of earn the reputation of equal unmanageable yourself .
information technology ’ randomness far more constructive to understand that while information technology ’ second dainty to like your colleague, information technology ’ sulfur not a prerequisite to serve good work together. What is vitamin a necessity be that you develop strategy for work with difficult people. observe the follow make ’ second and don ’ metric ton indium heed :
Read more : How to take a screenshot on LG smartphones
- Do examine your own behavior before blaming the other person. In many cases, we form a dislike for people because they remind us of people who have hurt us in the past, like a bossy sibling or a disapproving neighbor. If this is the case, you need to acknowledge it, and then keep reminding yourself this colleague is an entirely different person.
- Don’t let it get personal. Regardless of your colleague’s behavior, take the high road, and avoid bringing any personal issues into the workplace.
- Do communicate what issues you’re having. Your coworker might be unaware he or she is doing something that irritates you. Phrase what’s upsetting you carefully to avoid being accusatory or hurtful. For example, if this person always leaves things to the last minute when you’re working on a project together, you could say something like, “I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but I’ve noticed you procrastinate when we work together, and that makes it difficult to meet our deadlines. Is there something I can help you with so you can start sooner?” While the person might simply be a procrastinator, it’s also possible that he or she has trouble knowing where to start and would really appreciate your help.
- Don’t get baited into unprofessional behavior. Arguments, unhealthy rivalry, and gossiping about each other are all destructive behaviors, and you should never take part in them. Keep it professional at all times.
- Do remind yourself of what you stand to gain by working with this person. Whether you can learn from your difficult colleague or produce great work together, keep in mind how you can leverage your collaboration to your professional benefit.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your manager for assistance. In some cases, it’s simply impossible to solve the situation on your own. That’s when it’s time to ask your manager to step in to help diffuse the tension. Just keep in mind to only approach your supervisor when you’ve exhausted all other options.
working with a unmanageable colleague constitute never fun. however, information technology ’ sulfur important for your career and reputation that you never get interpersonal trouble pay back in the room of your professionalism .
hypertext transfer protocol : //www.fastcompany.com/3040353/how-to-deal-with-a-coworker-you-cant-stand