Serve these with my Baked Chili Cheese Dogs and be sure to try my Homemade French Fry recipe following !
Reading: Grilled Potatoes
There are few things better than extra crisp potatoes, hot off the grillroom. ( I personally love to dip mine in catsup, you ? ! )
You only need a few ingredients and these can easily cook aboard steak, chicken or a juicy hamburger .
- Red potatoes
- Olive oil– Only use enough to lightly coat the potatoes, too much oil can prevent them from getting nice and crispy.
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- ¾ teaspoons Oregano
- ¾ teaspoons Thyme
- ¾ teaspoons Sage
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons Nutmeg
☝️ This is my grandma ’ south amazing seasoning recipe. I love to make it in bulk and use it on chicken, pork, and ( of course ), potatoes .
Best Potatoes for Grilling
- Red potatoes are ideal for roasting because they hold their shape well after being sliced, diced, and grilled
- Baby Potatoes are also great candidates for grilling
- Russet Potatoes don’t hold up quite as well when grilled due to their high starch content.
Check out this ocular resource for more information on cooking with different potato varieties .
How Long to Grill Potatoes
- Red potatoes slices into 1/2 inch slices take about 30 minutes to cook on the grill.
- The first side becomes nice and crisp after about 20 minutes. They’re then flipped and finish cooking in about 5-10 minutes.
PRO Tip: This is the Grill Skillet that I love to use when roasting potatoes and vegetables on the grill .
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and are best if used within 3 days.
- To reheat, place them in a new lightly greased foil packet and heat in a 350° oven or on the top rack of a hot grill for about 5-7 minutes, until heated through.
Freezing Grilled Potatoes
- Roasted potatoes freeze very well for future use!
- To freeze, line them on a plate and flash freeze them for 30 minutes.
- Drop them into a labeled freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, place the frozen potatoes on a lightly greased foil packet and heat in a 350° oven or on the top rack of a hot grill for about 15 minutes, until heated through.
Ways to Use Leftovers
- In an Frittata or Omelette
- Crispy home fries with some eggs. They reheat well in a skillet with some bacon and a sprinkling of green onions.
- Potato Salad
- Add them to Soup
What to Serve with Grilled Potatoes
Read more : How to Lower Your Electric Bill – NerdWallet
Get my Free Meal Plan!
I ’ ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my extremely democratic recipes ( complete with grocery store list ) ! Sign up for my e-mail list and I ’ ll send it over immediately along with hebdomadally dinner recipes !
And follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest !