Want to know how to cook shredded chicken the best and easiest way possible? Look no further! This method is so quick and simple, and your chicken will come out moist and flavorful every time. This is the quickest, easiest, BEST way to cook shred wimp. Whether you need a batch for soup, a sandwich, or are filling something delectable like chopped chicken enchilada, this method works wonderfully and will save you a long ton of time and trouble in the process.
The Best Way to Cook Shredded Chicken
This cook method is a blend between pan-fry and something like to poaching. You foremost sear seasoned chicken breast in a little snatch of vegetable oil which adds a short ton of relish ( as we know, browned foods are delectable ). then cook the chicken in a cover pan with a small bit of simmering water or chicken broth. The liquid keeps the chicken from burning therefore you don ’ t have to babysit it and helps keep it moist as it cooks. The chicken comes out absolutely cooked, crank, and flavorful every single prison term .
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: Any size chicken breast will work for this recipe. You’ll just need to adjust the cooking time for very large or very small ones.
- Salt and pepper or seasoning: Before cooking, season your chicken breast with either a bit of salt and pepper, seasoning salt, or whatever seasonings will complement the final dish it’s being used in, like taco seasoning or Italian seasoning.
How to Make Shredded Chicken
1. Generously season both sides of the wimp breasts. 2. Heat a skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. spray with cooking spray or drizzle on a bit of your favorite cooking vegetable oil. Add chicken to the pan and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. 3. Flip and repeat. 4. Once browned, add about 1/2 inch of water to the pan ( the sum of water this requires will vary depending on how large your pan is, but it should come about halfway up the sides your chicken breasts ). 5. Cover, turn heat down to medium, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes ( or longer if you have large chicken breasts ), until an instant-read thermometer * inserted into the center of the breasts reads 165°F. If at any clock time all the body of water has evaporated from your pan, add more as is needed. 6. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes .
How to Shred Chicken
There are a total of ways to shred chicken. Some of the most popular are :
Shredded Chicken Method 1: Two Forks and Arm Power
No want to invest in shredding claw ( though they do look fun ), a copulate of forks works perfectly well for shredding wimp and is the simplest method .
- Just hold one fork in each hand, and use one fork to hold the chicken breast down and the other to tear away pieces of meat and shred them into smaller sections.
Best For: When you don ’ thymine want to do extra dishes or don ’ t own a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer .
Shredded Chicken Method 2: A Stand Mixer
The easiest means to shred chicken is with a stand mixer. ( I know it sounds a fiddling cockamamie, but it works ! ) evening when you factor in scavenge time, a mixer can process a short ton of chicken much faster than you can shred it by hand .
- Once slightly cooled, transfer chicken breasts to your stand mixer.
- With the paddle attachment, set mixer to low, working up to medium and process chicken until mostly shredded. Don’t over process–there will be a couple of pieces you will need to finish pulling apart by hand.
Best For: Big batches of shred wimp .
Shredded Chicken Method 3: A Handheld Electric Mixer and a Bowl
You can besides use a hand-held electric mixer the same room you would a stand mixer. It doesn ’ thyroxine break up the wimp quite vitamin a effectively as a potent stand mixer–you ’ ll have to pull apart a few more larger pieces by hand, but it ’ s even quicker than the fork method acting. It ’ sulfur besides less clean up than using a resist mixer, so I typically use this method acting if I ’ m only working with a couple of minor chicken breasts .
- Cool chicken slightly and place it in a large bowl.
- Turn the mixer on medium-low and press the beaters into the chicken breasts. They will break up the meat as they spin. Continue until the chicken is mostly shredded and the beaters don’t seem to be breaking anything up any longer.
- Use your hands to tear apart any remaining larger pieces of chicken.
Best For: Smaller batches of shred chicken .
How to freeze shredded chicken?
Shredded chicken freezes identical well. To freeze cook, shred wimp, store it in a deep-freeze bag and crush all the air out. Label the bag with the date and amount of wimp and store in the deep-freeze for 2 to 3 months. When you ’ re ready to use it, defrost chicken overnight in the refrigerator .
How long will shredded chicken last?
Shredded chicken will stay adept in the electric refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days, according to the USDA. Shredded chicken will keep in the deep-freeze for 2 to 3 months. After that, it will begin to dry out and be more susceptible to freezer burn .
What do you eat with shredded chicken?
You can use shred wimp in all sorts of recipes. here are a few to start :
More Chicken Tutorials
How to Cook Shredded Chicken
Ever wondered how to cook shredded chicken the best and easiest way possible? Look no further! Your chicken will come out moist and flavorful every time.
Read more : The 9 Best Books for Learning Spanish in 2022
votes Print Pin
Servings (Hover or Click to Change Yield):
Cooking spray or your darling cook oil
Boneless skinless wimp breasts
Salt and pepper
Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
Heat a skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray or drizzle on a bit of your favorite cooking oil. Once hot, add chicken to the pan and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
Flip and repeat. Once browned, add about 1/2 inch of water to the pan, cover, turn heat down to medium, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes (longer if breasts are large), until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breasts reads 165°F. If at any time all the water evaporates from the pan, add more as needed.
Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled, transfer chicken breasts to your stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, set mixer to low, working up to medium, and process chicken until mostly shredded. Don’t over process–there will be a couple larger pieces you will need to finish pulling apart by hand.
- Wash up and use your damp, shredded chicken in something delicious .
*Chicken breasts vary wildly in size, so your cooking time may vary. Just cook until your thermometer says 165°F, add water as needed, and you’ll be golden. If you have huge chicken breasts, you can cut them in half for quicker cooking times.
Did you make this recipe ?
Read more : Smoked Pork Shoulder
I ‘d love to see it ! Tag @ BakingMischief or hashtag it # BakingMischief This military post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small mission if you make a purchase using them. There is absolutely no extra cost to you.