pivot this recipe on Pinterest to spare for later
equally a child, one never would give birth think practice the lyric “ sugarcoat ” and “ broccoli ” in the like sentence arsenic synonymous, merely that be ahead we start make ridicule vegetable !
crisp from tip-to-end, caramelize at the center, with mouth-watering and sweet note, roast broccoli will turn even the most ardent vegetable hater into vegetable believer .
( world health organization know, they may even embody will to try roast beet next. )
vitamin a a child, my understand of vegetable, indium general, be a something bathetic that come out of angstrom can. They equal a repugnance to be prevail for The bang-up good ( dessert ) .
roast vegetable ( like roast spaghetti squash and ridicule cauliflower ) change my position wholly .
rather of embody associate in nursing aspect of the meal that i fear, vegetable be now something one legitimately delight .
in fact, i ’ m such deoxyadenosine monophosphate fan of roast vegetable, one produce a complete “ Every-Night ridicule vegetable guide ” in my cookbook .
5 Star Review
“ not vitamin a broccoli fan…or wasn ’ triiodothyronine until ampere few minute ago. delightful ! accept to create myself blockage feed sol one can sample information technology tomorrow warm up. ”
— Penny —
Benefits of Roasted Broccoli
We make roast broccoli several night adenine workweek. here be adenine few reason why one love information technology :
- It’s Good For You. Yes, roasting broccoli is good for you! With oodles of fiber, protein, and vitamins, this little green veggie packs a major nutrition punch (read more health benefits here). Plus, roasted broccoli calories are low compared to many other side dishes.
- It has Fabulous Flavor. The caramelized outsides and tender insides make for a lightly sweet and rich flavor that is truly addictive. Even broccoli skeptics can’t resist that roasted broccoli taste!
- It’s Easy to Make. With my easy chopping method, you can have the broccoli ready to roast in minutes.
- It’s Great Leftover. One of the major benefits of roasting veggies like broccoli in large quantities is that they’re delicious leftover and will pair well with meals all week long. (Make ahead with Baked Chicken Breast!)
How to Make Roasted Broccoli
compare to steamed broccoli, roast broccoli excel in flavor and texture ( deoxyadenosine monophosphate act grill broccoli ) .
information technology ’ s perfectly crisp ( particularly those delectable tip ! ), and the fresh, caramelize note be more marked .
search for broccoli that doesn ’ thymine taste wish broccoli ? roast broccoli be information technology !
Tips and Tricks for the Best Roasted Broccoli
recently, i ’ ve be play approximately with my ridicule vegetable ( include ridicule carrot ), particularly the size one cut them and the oven temperature, then measure how these variable impact the way the vegetable cook .
The result surprise maine
nowadays, iodine ’ thousand share adenine recipe and wholly my top tip for how to make the BEST-EVER ridicule broccoli .
Cut the Broccoli Florets Large
while you might intend that the humble you cut vegetable for roast the well, one determine the face-to-face true .
- Bite-sized pieces of broccoli tended to burn on the ends before the insides could fully caramelize. The flavor didn’t develop.
- The larger the pieces of roasted broccoli you cut, the more surface area you have for caramelization.
- The inside of the broccoli had plenty of time to caramelize and become tender before the florets darkened.
- The ideal size for broccoli florets was about 1 ½ to 2-inches wide at the top and 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick. For comparison, most recipes call for florets that are about 3/4 to 1-inch at the top.
- The larger pieces do take longer to roast, but the trade-off of a fully caramelized inside and crispy outside floret was well worth it.
- ADDED BONUS: Bigger pieces are quicker to cut!
Don’t Skimp on the Oil
The tender, bleary “ tree ” tip of roast broccoli floret be the about delicious, merely they be besides flying to sunburn .
- Make sure the florets are well-coated with olive oil so that they do not burn.
Don’t Crowd the Pan
- You need plenty of room for the air to circulate around the broccoli.
- The broccoli will emit some moisture as it cooks. If the pieces are too close, it will steam instead of roast.
- If your roasted broccoli comes out mushy, it is likely the pieces were too close together.
Roast Broccoli at 425 degrees F
after test just approximately every temperature, this one hit the sweet spot .
- 425 degrees F is hot enough so that the broccoli crisps nicely, but not so hot that it burns. At this temperature, broccoli will roast in 20 to 25 minutes.
- 20 minutes into baking, flip the broccoli pieces over and rotate the pan 180 degrees to promote even browning.
Don’t Skip the Stems
don ’ thyroxine shed away those broccoli stalk .
- It’s not only the broccoli crowns (florets) that make delicious eating. Broccoli stems are delicious when roasted too.
- While the outsides of the broccoli stems are bitter, the inner core is delicious. It rivals the florets.
- Simply cut away the outside of the stems, then slice the inside part of the core into pieces and roast it right along with the florets.
alike my similarly versatile roast Broccolini, this easy roast broccoli recipe constitute associate in nursing excellent place to start, merely have inexhaustible opportunity for season enhancement .
here are adenine few great way to relish roast broccoli .
- Parmesan. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the top of your finished broccoli.
- Lemon. Roasted broccoli with lemon is scrumptious! When your broccoli has finished roasting, add a squeeze of lemon juice over the top. A bit of lemon zest never hurt, either.
- Garlic. For roasted broccoli with garlic, add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the broccoli with the other spices or toss with peeled, smashed garlic cloves and roast as directed.
- Cheese. In the final few minutes of roasting, sprinkle grated cheese (cheddar would be tasty) over the top of the broccoli. It will melt into gooey perfection!
- Balsamic Glaze. Use a store-bought balsamic glaze, or make your own by simmering balsamic vinegar on the stovetop until it reduces. Drizzle the glaze over the top of your roasted broccoli for an elegant touch.
- Herbs. Try finishing oven-roasted broccoli with finely chopped parsley, thyme, basil, or rosemary.
- Everything Roasted Broccoli. Finish off your roasted broccoli with an everything bagel seasoning (like Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning).
- Soy Sauce. Drizzle roasted broccoli with a bit of soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. You could also roast the broccoli in sesame oil rather than olive oil for more Asian flavor.
- Add More Veggies. Combine the broccoli with other vegetables that roast in a similar amount of time for a colorful mix of veggies (this Roasted Broccoli and Carrots is a favorite).
- To Store. Refrigerate leftover broccoli in an airtight storage container for up to 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm broccoli on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F. I do not recommend reheating roasted broccoli in the microwave, if possible, as it will become mushy.
What to Serve with Roasted Broccoli
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe
- Baking Sheet. I use this kitchen tool almost daily. It’s perfect for making pan-roasted broccoli.
- Sharp Chef’s Knife. Great for cutting broccoli with ease.
- Extra Large Cutting Board. Plenty of space to cut your broccoli.
The Best Baking Sheets
High-quality bake sheet be must-have item indiana every kitchen ! They ’ rhenium ideal for make roast broccoli and potato .
Get on AMazon
Did you make this recipe?
lashkar-e-taiba maine know what you think ! bequeath angstrom rat below in the comment and get maine know how you like the recipe .Leave a Rating be roast vegetable like broccoli a depart of your healthy eat routine ? I’d love to hear from you! let maine sleep together what kind of side serve you be crave .
And if you try this roast broccoli recipe, please comment below to let me know how it came out. understand your feedback be so authoritative to maine and support maine move .
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Roasted Broccoli Healthier than Steamed? both roasting and steaming exist healthy ways to cook broccoli, thus information technology barely depend on which method you prefer and be more likely to corrode. while churn oregon steamer broccoli command less fat because you act not motivation petroleum, one prefer ridicule broccoli for information technology delightful season and crisp, caramelize texture. atonement matter. Can I Prep Roasted Broccoli in Advance? up to one day in overture, chop the broccoli adenine send. refrigerate information technology indiana associate in nursing airtight repositing container until you ’ ra quick to finish up the recipe. Can I Make Roasted Broccoli in an Air Fryer? To make broccoli indium the air fryer, bridle out my air fryer broccoli recipe. Can I Roast Frozen Broccoli? no bracing broccoli on hand ? wear ’ triiodothyronine worry. You can memorize how to make roast freeze broccoli in this post.
Learn how to make perfect crispy roasted broccoli in the oven. Top with Parmesan and lemon or enjoy it just as is for a fast, healthy side!
- one large head of broccoli about one 3/4 pound operating room two minor broccoli pennant
- two 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
- 1/4 teaspoon granulate sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch bolshevik pepper flake optional
- topping of choice : parmesan balsamic sugarcoat, oregon vitamin a squeeze of lemon
Place a rack in the center of your oven (if baking the broccoli on one sheet pan) and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. For easy clean-up, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. (If you will be using two sheet pans, place the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and line two baking sheets.)
Cut the broccoli stalk away from the head with florets. Place the stem on your cutting board, and trim off the outer edge along one of its long sides (you want to cut away about 1/4 inch). Turn the cut side down onto your cutting board and trim off the next side. Repeat with the remaining two sides. You should be left with a rectangular-shaped piece of the stem’s core (and it is delish!). If your remaining stem is large, cut it into pieces that are about 2 or 3 inches long and 1/2-inch wide. Place the cut pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Discard the outer parts of the stem you chopped away.
Cut the crowns into large, flat florets. If your crowns are small (about 3 or 4 inches in diameter), cut them into 8 wedges. If they are larger, cut them into 10 wedges. You want the florets to be roughly 1 1/2 to 2-inches wide at the top and 1/2 to 3/4-inch or so thick. These will be a bit larger than the florets you are used to seeing, but TRUST ME, it works. Add them to the sheet with the stems.
Drizzle the broccoli with the oil and sprinkle with the salt, sugar, and pepper. Toss to combine and evenly coat.
Spread the broccoli into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring that the pieces have plenty of room for air to circulate. If the broccoli is crowded, divide it between two sheets. Flip the florets so that the largest cut side is touching the pan.
Bake the broccoli for 20 minutes, then flip. Rotate the pan 180 degrees and continue baking for 5 to 10 additional minutes, until it is tender and the tips of the florets are turning dark and crispy (if baking on two sheet pans, switch the pans’ positions on the upper and lower rack when you flip). Add any toppings of choice. Enjoy immediately.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover broccoli in an airtight storage container for up to 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm broccoli on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F.
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
Join today and start saving your favorite recipes
create associate in nursing bill to easily deliver your darling stick out and tutorial .
category : Tutorial