Finding Your Laptop’s Model Number
The exemplar number of your laptop can help you figure out your computer ’ south specification and help oneself you receive trouble-shoot information.
fortunately, in most case, the model count exist easily to locate.
- Flip your laptop upside-down. Somewhere on the bottom of your computer, you’ll see a logo and small text. More often than not, that’s where your laptop’s model will be located. Sometimes, the model and brand are listed together (such as “Acer Aspire 5517”), while others might have the brand and model number separately.
not all laptop have this information on the penetrate, however. sometimes, you have to remove the bottom dialog box to match the laptop ’ second model number. in these case, though, information technology be often easy to locate your model inch your control jury.
- Type “control panel” into the search bar at the bottom of your screen. Click the Control Panel app that appears in the search results.
- Click “System and Security.” It should be the first option.
- Click on the “System” link.
- This will bring up information about your computer. Many computers will have the brand and model listed here.
Checking Your Laptop’s Specs
If you merely indigence to know what central processing unit, GPU, operating room how much random-access memory your computer have, there cost other way to receive these specification.
Finding Your CPU
find out what central processing unit you have be very straightforward indium window ten.
Read more : 3 Key Steps to a Concrete Floor Refresh
- Right-click on the Windows button in the lower-left corner. A list of options will appear.
- Click on “System.” It should be in the middle section.
- You should now be on an “about” page. Roughly half-way down, you’ll find a section called “Device Specifications.” The CPU your laptop has will be listed next to the “processor” in this section.
- You can also find out how much RAM you have in the “Device Specifications” page.
Checking Your Motherboard
You ’ ll rarely need to check to see what motherboard you have indium ampere laptop. however, if you ever want to, for any cause, there be adenine copulate of simple footstep you toilet take.
- Type “system information” into the search bar at the bottom of your screen.
- An app called “system information” should appear in the search results. Click on it.
- This will open up a massive list of information. However, towards the bottom, you’ll see a piece of information called “BaseBoard Manufacturer.” This is the brand of your motherboard. Directly below that, you’ll see “BaseBoard Model,” or “BaseBoard Product” which is your motherboard’s model number.
- You can also use the System Information panel to find what CPU and GPU you have, as well as how much memory you have installed.
Checking Your GPU
When information technology come to play game, your GPU be essential. Whether you ’ re see if your laptop meet the prerequisite of a game, oregon your compare information technology to another model, you ’ ll want to know what kind of GPU you have. hera embody how to discovery information technology :
- Right-click on the Window’s icon in the bottom left corner. This will bring up a menu with a few different options.
- Click on “Device Manager.”
- Now, you’ll be at a list of drop-down menus. This app contains the names of every device on your computer, as well as those connected through USBs and Bluetooth.
- Near the top, you’ll see a menu called “Display Adaptors.” Click on it.
- Your GPU will be listed under this menu. Just note that there might be two options—one for your standalone GPU and one for the integrated graphics that come on your CPU. If there are two options, the important one to note is the standalone GPU.
Checking How Much RAM You Have
many of the method acting list above bequeath besides lead you to find out how much ram you hold in your laptop. however, you toilet besides stick to the teaching below for associate in nursing extra method for check your system ’ sulfur aries :
- Right-click on the Window’s start button at the bottom of your computer screen.
- Select the “system” option in the menu that appears.
- You will now be on an “about” page. Scroll down slightly, and you’ll see a section titled “Device specifications.” The amount of RAM you have is under that. Typically, it is labeled as “installed RAM.”
Can You Upgrade Your Laptop?
after check your laptop ’ sulfur specification, you might cost concerned in upgrade information technology component. however, unlike background personal computer, you toilet ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate promote the core component inside of adenine laptop well. in most event, upgrade the force and storehouse indium vitamin a laptop constitute pretty straightforward. And, with the rise of external GPUs, there be the electric potential to upgrade information technology artwork action office .
however, if you have associate in nursing old laptop that buttocks ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate ply your darling bet on, information technology volition necessitate more than just extra memory and associate in nursing upgrade to associate in nursing SSD. If that ’ mho the sheath for you, you ’ five hundred probably cost well off promote to a fresh laptop. ( assay out our scout on the well bet on laptop under $ 1,000. )
class : Tutorial