That ’ s the standard method acting of most internet service providers .
Besides, attadmin is the default Wi-Fi password of your AT & T hardware. But what if you want to change your ATT Wi-Fi Password ? How are you going to do that ?
This steer will help you to change your Wi-Fi mention and password easily. then, let ’ s get started .
How Do I Change My AT&T Wi-Fi Password & Name?
To change your Wi-Fi name and password, you will need the following credentials :
- AT&T Modem Name and Password
- Modem’s IP Address
Change SSID (Network Name) & WiFi Password
After that, follow these steps :
- Open a browser on your computer. Besides, make sure your computer or other device is connected to your home network.
- Type www.myhomenetwork.att.com in the search bar and hit enter. You will enter the AT&T Smart Home Manager page.
- Now, you have to sign from the credentials given above. However, if you can’t log in using these credentials, check for information provided on the side of your modem gateway.
- Select MY WIFI.
- Click Edit.
- Now, look for the default SSID you are using, and click on “X” to delete it. Besides, deleting means clearing the network name.
- After that, type a new SSID for your AT&T wi-fi in the box, and click Save.
- For passwords, go to the “WIFI PASSWORD or NETWORK KEY.”
- Select “USE CUSTOM WI-FI NETWORK PASSWORD” to change the wifi password.
- Type a new password in the box, and select “SAVE.”
here, you have successfully changed the wireless local area network network name and password. But immediately, you have to do another crucial thing .
Disconnected all the Devices Connected to Your Network
Yes, that ’ mho right. once you have changed the SSID and WiFi password, disconnect all the devices connected to your network. But why ?
You can no longer use that WiFi until you re-enter the newly password. furthermore, these default settings are not entirely in the AT & T modem gateway but besides in all routers. so, disconnect all the devices and reconnect to Wi-Fi .
Besides, this change in SSID and passwords affect all devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, smart TVs, and printers. therefore, make indisputable you disconnect all of them .
Reconnect to New Wi-Fi Network
now, turn on Wi-Fi on these devices one by one. Your device will display all the WiFi networks on the list. next, select your AT & T network name and enter the password you have just set .
so, immediately you can connect any of your radio devices with the new password .
Change Device Access Code
beginning, what ’ s a device access code ?
It ’ s a four-digit code through which you can update your modem ’ mho settings. It ’ s found on the side of your gateway with other credentials like default option password and SSID .
now, a device access code is a security measure to stop intrusion from hackers. Besides, if a person is connected to your network and knows the access code, they can modify the network settings .
so this includes changing the WiFi password and network appoint. furthermore, the hackers can use that code to get more network privileges than you, the network owner .
therefore, it ’ s better to change the device access code to make your home network more impregnable .
How to Change Device Access Code?
now, changing this code is easy. Plus, once you change that, you don ’ t have to look on the side of your gateway every prison term for that code .
Follow these steps to change the device access code :
- First, open a browser on your computer. You can also check the gateway status on your phone.
- In the search bar, enter the IP address to enter the modem’s settings.
- Now, type your username and admin password to log in.
- Once you enter the gateway settings, go to the Wireless tab.
- From there, click on System Info.
- Click on Access Code. You will have to enter the access code. That’s written on the side of your gateway hardware.
- Now, click on the Use a Custom Code option.
- Follow the instructions and enter the new code.
- After that, select Save.
That ’ s how you can change the gateway access code. however, you might not get access to the gateway settings .
It ’ south because of the radio receiver connectivity with the device you are using to access the modem ’ s settings .
sometimes, when you enter the IP address in the search bar, you don ’ metric ton suffer directed to the admin foliate. even though you have entered the correct IP address, you don ’ t see any admin page to access the gateway settings .
Use an Ethernet Cable
Connect your computer with the modem via an ethernet cable if you are facing the same issue. After that, try accessing the gateway settings.
Read more : How to Lower Your Electric Bill – NerdWallet
While using the wireless network, sometimes the network doesn ’ thyroxine allow you to enter the device access settings. therefore, you instantaneously see the admin home page when you establish a wired net .
furthermore, you might have to forget the wireless local area network name to establish a wire connection to the lapp network .
now, to check the status of your gateway, follow these steps :
- First, enter the correct username and admin password.
- Enter the settings.
- From the Gateway Status, select Wireless.
- Scroll to User Network or Guest Network, the one you are using, and select network.
- From there, you can change the wi-fi passwords and network name SSID.
- Once you are done making necessary changes, select Save.
Besides, both networks have differences. however, if you are the network owner, you can connect to any network. But if you are a drug user, you might have access merely to one network .
That ’ s a network with regular configurations. furthermore, you can modify the network settings using the user network .
additionally, you can change the Home SSID from the user network settings .
A guest network has a discriminate pipeline of connections. Plus, its mention besides suggests that this network is for node users .
While connecting to this net, users don ’ t have to enter a wireless local area network password. however, they might have to enter other information. But again, that depends on the type of organization giving the guest network .
What if You Have Lost the Access Code?
It ’ s possible to lose the access code. In that case, you don ’ t have to panic but follow these steps :
- If you are using a Windows computer, press the Window key.
- Search for Command Prompt.
- Type IPCONFIG. It lists your system’s internal settings, including internet service, hardware, software, operating system, and memory.
- Moreover, you will see the default gateway in that list.
- Use that default gateway to access the modem’s settings.
If you forgot the access code on your router, you have to reset the hardware ,
- Press the button at the back of the modem. However, that button is protected by a pinhole. Therefore, you have to use a pin or toothpick to press that button.
- Keep pressing that Reset button for not more than 10-15 seconds.
- After that, wait for the next 3-5 minutes as your modem or router is resetting to factory settings.
What Happens When You Factory Reset Routers?
When you factory reset a router, it erases all the data, including :
- Static IP Address
- Wifi Passwords
- Wifi Name
- Routing Configurations
- DHCP Settings
thus, you might need to contact your internet avail supplier ( ISP ) to configure the router/modem .
furthermore, it ’ s not recommended to reset your network hardware until necessity completely. If you face issues while changing the Wi-Fi password or Wi-Fi list, restart the device .
Restart Internet Device
sometimes, you have to restart your internet device just. Doing that flushes out the cache memory of the modem/router. Plus, you can easily log in again in the AT & T admin panel .
- Unplug the internet device.
- Wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Now, plug back in the device and wait till it completely reboots.
- Once your other devices catch the WiFi signal, try logging in again using the admin credentials.
Smart Home Manager
Using the AT & T internet service, you can change the SSID and WiFi password through the Smart Home Manage app .
- Open the Smart Home Manager app.
- Go to My Wi-Fi.
- From there, tap Edit.
- Now, enter a new wifi name and password.
- After that, select Save.
- Now, all your devices will automatically disconnect from that network.
- Search for the wifi network name SSID that you have just set.
- Enter the password, and here you go.
therefore, you don ’ t have to open any browser and enter the router ’ s IP address to change your wi-fi name or password .
If you are thinking of changing the ATT WiFi password, you can do that in two ways. The first base method is merely through the Smart Home Manager app. All the in-app instructions will help you change your wireless local area network password.
Read more : 3 Key Steps to a Concrete Floor Refresh
Besides, the AT & T Smart Home Manager has other features as well .
The second method is by entering the IP address in the browser to reach the admin panel. finally, you have to enter the username and admin password to change the gateway credentials .
however, connecting your computer via an ethernet cable is recommended to change the WiFi password without any interruption .