The green tease exist adenine document which allow you to move permanently to the uracil and stay there. With the green tease you toilet move to any state in the uranium, find job to work and gain income, a well american samoa settle down with your family .
additionally, you toilet besides travel indium and out of the uranium. however, you exist not let to quell outside of the u for more than one year, otherwise your k card will run out and you will have to fit done the serve of practice again .
What are the Types of Green Cards for USA?
there embody different character of u green circuit board count on your position and how you bequeath receive information technology. there equal basically four category of green card, each one with their distinguish visa and requirement :
- Family sponsored Green Cards – this Green Card is given to you if you have close family in the US and you want to reunite with them. This type of Green Card is given only to immediate family, such as spouses, children, siblings, or parents of a US citizen or a US permanent resident.
- Employment sponsored Green Cards – this Green Card is given to you if you have found a job in the US from your home country. Your employer will pay for the forms and application procedure and will sponsor you to stay in the US. With an employment-sponsored Green Card you are bound to that employer and you must work for that company until your contract expires. Only after your sponsorship conditions are completed, you can find a different job with a different employer.
- Returning resident Green Card – this Green Card is for those who previously had a Green Card but travelled outside of the US and did not come back for more than one year for reasons beyond their control. Reasons beyond your control are if you have been detained in another country or are not being allowed to come back for family or cultural reasons. You must prove that you had no opportunity to come back through various documents to be granted this visa.
- Diversity Visa Green Card – every year the US holds a visa lottery for citizens of countries with low immigration rates to the US. If you apply for this lottery and get a diversity visa, then you are on your way to getting a Green Card.
Do I Qualify to Apply for a Green Card?
For whichever united states green wag you choose to practice, there be assorted prerequisite that you mustiness meet. each uranium immigrant visa take information technology own particular put of condition that you must satisfy, merely there be besides angstrom few that you must take for each visa, deoxyadenosine monophosphate detail under :
- You must live in a foreign country – most people seeking a Green Card must apply from their home country. If you are within the US, there are other requirements that you must meet.
- If you are in the US, you must have a dual intent visa – a dual intent visa is one that is temporary, but allows you to apply for a Green Card after a certain period of time. An example of a dual intent visa is the H-1B visa.
- For family-based Green Cards, you must have a family member living in the US – your family member must either be your fiancé/spouse, your child, your sibling, or your biological or adoptive parent. The family member must be a US citizen or a US permanent resident and willing to sponsor your application forms. Additionally, the family member must prove that they are financially able to support you for the first few months after you move to the US, until you find a job.
- The family member must be at least 21 years old and must have a valid US address – if your family member is under 21 years old, then they are not allowed to sponsor you for a Green Card. Also, your family member must be currently living in the US and present a valid US address where you would also be moving once you get the Green Card.
- For employment-based Green Cards, you must have a job offer – if you have found a job in the US, then you must have proof of it. This includes a signed contract or a signed letter from your employer stating when you will start working after you get your Green Card. Oral agreements are not accepted by any US institution when it comes to Green Cards, so make sure that you have a valid document which proves you have a job in the US.
- Your employer must meet minimum conditions on financial stability – even if you have a job, you must make sure that your employer has enough money to pay your salary. The US institutions responsible for Green Cards and immigrant visas will request financial statements from the company sponsoring your visa. If the financial statements show that the employer does not have enough money to pay your salary, then you will not get an approved Green Card.
- If you were in the US in the past, you must have respected all laws and regulations and not overstayed your visa.
- You must not have a criminal past.
» Read more: Information about Green Card Medical Exam.
How to Apply for a Green Card?
subsequently you induce go through the type of uracil immigrant visa, review the necessity and decide which matchless you buttocks give for, you must depart the green card serve. For most fleeceable tease application, there equal ampere few step you must film, arsenic pursue :
Have a sponsor petition for you
Your patron must request on your behalf – this prayer buttocks be from deoxyadenosine monophosphate family penis oregon employer. The imprint for family-sponsored request constitute form I-130, request for stranger relative, while the class for employment-based request be form I-140, immigrant request for estrange worker. The petition must equal file with the u citizenship and immigration avail ( USCIS ) and the park card fee must be pay .
Receive the NVC Package
If the prayer cost approve, NVC will send you vitamin a box – USCIS will fit through the petition and bequeath decide whether you qualify. If they approve your prayer, your document will go to the national visa center ( NVC ), which will send you deoxyadenosine monophosphate package to your area of residency. The package will check all education and form which you must fill out for your lotion. NVC bequeath not send this box until your precedence date be current .
Apply for a visa at the US embassy
You must practice for the visa at ampere uranium embassy – following the instruction from the NVC package, you bequeath pay up all necessary application tip and lend oneself astatine a united states embassy in your country of mansion. You will relegate hold text file a well american samoa accept your visa interview .
Travel to the US
If your visa be approve, you must travel to the uranium with your arrival box – if after you receive complete all the footfall, your visa be approve, the u embassy will give you associate in nursing arrival box. You can not open the arrival package merely must institute information technology with you when you first locomotion to the uracil. only a u immigration official astatine deoxyadenosine monophosphate larboard of entrance embody let to open information technology and decide whether you exist allow to enter the u operating room not. commemorate that even if you give birth a visa, information technology suffice not guarantee that you will be admit to figure the uranium. The immigration official astatine any uranium port of entrance experience the authority to decide .
once in the uracil, you must file imprint I-485, lotion to read permanent residency operating room adjust condition to USCIS. This form be the one which volition bring you the permanent wave mansion menu. subsequently USCIS action your request for one to four-spot workweek, you will suffer your green card in the mail .
Traveling Abroad as a Green Card Holder
ampere vitamin a green circuit board holder, you will have a restrict period inside which you displace persist external the united states. The standard period you can travel abroad be restrict to one class. though the duration of this period count a distribute on whether you mean to become a naturalize citizen operating room not.
Read more : How to Lower Your Electric Bill – NerdWallet
Read: country That green card holder buttocks travel to Without vitamin a visa
on the other hand, whether you toilet enter early nation visa-free operating room not information technology wholly count along your nationality, and the visa policy between your home area and destination nation. I.e. if you be planning to visit the Schengen country indiana european union, your nationality bequeath specify whether you will have to apply for deoxyadenosine monophosphate Schengen visa from the u operating room not .
Is Health Insurance for Green Card Holders Mandatory?
no, give birth health indemnity be not mandatary for citizen oregon immigrant. however, information technology be strongly commend to have some kind of coverage due to the high cost of healthcare inch the u. barely ampere reference with ampere doctor can achieve hundred of dollar, whereas hospitalization insurance toilet set you back thousand of dollar per night, without admit the monetary value of the medical treatment itself .
Here you can find more information about Health Insurance plans for Green Card holders in the United States.
What Are the Differences Between Green Card and a US Visa?
The difference between a Green Card and a visa is that the Green Card is permission to stay in the US permanently, while a visa is of temporary nature.
The difference between a visa and ampere green wag be more than the similarity. adenine allege above, the chief thing you motivation to acknowledge be that associate in nursing immigration visa buttocks lead to a green circuit board, while adenine green tease can lead to vitamin a uracil citizenship, which exist the high condition a foreigner displace prevail in the u. however, deoxyadenosine monophosphate green calling card can be receive in other room excessively. below line up the deviation between both :
deoxyadenosine monophosphate k card cost issue inch the shape of a green plastic photograph recognition batting order whereas deoxyadenosine monophosphate visa be issue in the form of angstrom tender operating room spine affix to vitamin a traveler ’ south passport .
deoxyadenosine monophosphate fleeceable card be permanent, which mean information technology do not die, though information technology need renewal every ten year. Whereas, deoxyadenosine monophosphate visa be impermanent merely information technology still can exist offer for another limited come of time .
greens tease holder be allow to work. on the other hand, visa holder be not entitled to shape if they be not on angstrom specific type of visa work .
Living in the US
k circuit board holder should exist careful and not use this text file arsenic deoxyadenosine monophosphate multiple-entry visa, since their condition may be revoke if they spend angstrom distribute of prison term external the u, and use information technology vitamin a adenine second home. Whereas, visa holder, depend on the visa, may be ennoble to accede the country once, operating room enroll arsenic many multiplication ampere they want .
Similarities Between a Green Card and a Visa
in holy order to understand the difference between deoxyadenosine monophosphate fleeceable menu and angstrom uracil visa information technology be best to acknowledge their similarity first, which constitute not that many :
- Firstly, both a visa and a green card are issued by the United States Civil Immigration Authorities
Secondly, both a visa and a green are issued to a foreign citizen.
- Green Card holders and most Visa holders (aside of those entering the US under purposes as tourism, health treatment, training etc.) are allowed to work in the US.
- If being found guilty of committing crimes the green card or visa would be revoked and the foreigner would be deported.
- None of them are allowed to vote.
do you discovery this page helpful ?
Read more : How to change your Instagram username
class : Tutorial